New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Saving Mail & Addres Book details

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Towbar

Towbar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Hi guys

I have now got my offcial OSX 10.4 and would like to do a clean install but i would like to save all my current emails and address info how can i do this and still format the hard drive.

Also it say on the box i must have firewire which i have, 400 why does it ask this do i need to connect to another Mac in order to put 10.4 on my machine

A windows convert M$ suck and Vista is a OS X copy
QUOTE Thanks
Towbar

Towbar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Well thanks to everyone who read this post. 8 at this current time don't know whether it is a case of no one knew the answer or if it was case of I Just asked a "silly question" but i did managed to find the answer to my problem which was this:

? Copy all the files located in Home/Library/Mail.

? Copy the file "com.apple.mail.plist," located in Home/Library/Preferences. This file stores the preferences you set in Mail Preferences.

? Copy the folder "AddressBook," located in Home/Library/Application Support. This file is used by both Address Book and Mail.

Just thought I'd post here in case any other newbs had the same problem not trying to spam or bump my posts up

Thank you all

A windows convert M$ suck and Vista is a OS X copy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adding apps to apple menu - OS X | Recovering Panther Serial Number »