New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - "Undoing" a download

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sunshine1686

sunshine1686 is on a distinguished road

Is there any way I can set my computer back to a previous time? I downloaded 3 things, but I don't want them on my computer anymore. The downloads were so I can view pages from my schools website, but it doesn't work. I downloaded Flash Player 9, WM Components and Windows Media installer, but none of those programs let me view the video clips from my schools website. I want to 'reset' my computer back to how it was before I downloaded those things.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Just trash the apps. Put app names in spotlight and find the rest of the related stuff and trash them too.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1686
Is there any way I can set my computer back to a previous time? I downloaded 3 things, but I don't want them on my computer anymore. The downloads were so I can view pages from my schools website, but it doesn't work. I downloaded Flash Player 9, WM Components and Windows Media installer, but none of those programs let me view the video clips from my schools website. I want to 'reset' my computer back to how it was before I downloaded those things.Thanks
Hi sunshine1686,

It's a simple as sursuciofla says in post#2. To completely uninstall the programs just drag them from your Applications folder or the Desktop straight to the trash, empty it and they're gone.

Try downloading Flip4Mac, maybe it'll allow you to view content on your schools website. Flip4Mac let's macs watch Windows Media via QuickTime.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...omponents.mspx
QUOTE Thanks
sunshine1686

Thanks for the replies. I did install flip for mac, but when I go on the website there is no box thingy where the video plays...argh!
This is the website- http://artemis.uwindsor.ca/kits/kcra...3materials.nsf
And before I did all these downloads there was a box on the upper right hand size of the page. And there was like a green puzzle piece in the middle and it said I needed to install a plug in or something, but then I downloaded all those other things...I wish I knew how to use the mac operating system
When I click on the video clips this is what it says for the properties- javascript: playMedia('consciousness/lucid_dreaming.asx') Maybe I need to download javascript? What IS javascript? lol
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1686
Thanks for the replies. I did install flip for mac, but when I go on the website there is no box thingy where the video plays...argh!
This is the website- http://artemis.uwindsor.ca/kits/kcra...3materials.nsf
And before I did all these downloads there was a box on the upper right hand size of the page. And there was like a green puzzle piece in the middle and it said I needed to install a plug in or something, but then I downloaded all those other things...I wish I knew how to use the mac operating system
When I click on the video clips this is what it says for the properties- javascript: playMedia('consciousness/lucid_dreaming.asx') Maybe I need to download javascript? What IS javascript? lol
If you are using Safari follow this link:

http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/email/faq/j....xml.ID=Safari
QUOTE Thanks
sunshine1686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse-8
If you are using Safari follow this link:

http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/email/faq/j....xml.ID=Safari
It still doesn't work But thanks for your advice!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What in the world is wrong with spotlight? | How do I Create a Disk Image of a CD/DVD usable on Windows? »