Specs:
    2Ghz Dual Core Intel Macbook Pro
    Instant Messaging and Browsing
    Hi all,
    Since yesterday - I am now a proud owner of my first mac. The entry-level 2ghz Macbook Pro. I have some easy quesitons that I'm sure many former Windows users ask.

First is MSN. I downloaded the super-cut down (and seemingly buggy) version of Microsoft Messenger for Mac, and was disappointed to find that I lost the functionality of Voice and Video. I can understand why these features aren't implemented - but is there an alternative other than Yahoo.

The next question is - can I integrate Yahoo and MSN in to iChat with some sort of plugin? It would be great to use a unified instant messaging program which supports Audio and Video!

My last question for now - is about Safari. Is this just Mozilla/Firefox rebadged? Reason why I ask is, I stopped using Firefox when I found it to be extremely slow when looking at pages that use CSS's alpha/transparency capabilites. On Firefox, the alpha blending is far too strong - so any divs with say 50% transparency, is readable on IE6, but on Firefox its barely visible! To make matters worse - when you try to scroll down a page, its very 'choppy' asthough the CPU usage has maxed out...

Well - I am experiencing the exact same problem in Safari. I wish I had a URL as an example - but its primarily my Livejournal and Myspace which use the functionality - so i hope others have come across this too!

Thanks in advance

Specs:
    12" iBook; G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; 30 gig; Combo Drive; Radeon 9200
    you may want to see what other's have to say in the switcher hangout?

As far as I know...there really isn't much for mac in the area of msn messenger and yahoo.

well i don't think there is a client that supports video with both of those, cause if there was, i would be using it. Check out the msn messenger application call "aMSN". It features great video support.

Specs:
    2Ghz Dual Core Intel Macbook Pro
    Thanks mate - that answers my question about MSN!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueace
    well i don't think there is a client that supports video with both of those, cause if there was, i would be using it. Check out the msn messenger application call "aMSN". It features great video support.

Thread Information