New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

WEBCAMS with MSN Messenger 3.5?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ibookg4computer

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to use a webcam with MSN Messenger 3.5 for Mac OSX?
I have a friend who claims he can use a webcam with his mac and he uses OS9, and I find
it hard to believe that a webcam can be used with an older version of a certain software (MSN Messenger
in this case) than the later more up-to-date version?? Very frustrating........
Anyways, I cannot find any "webcam" option in MSN 3.5.......any help out there?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerbookG417

there is no support under MSN for the use of cameras on a mac, the lovely people at microsoft have been lacking this for a while now, there have been many pitetions started up to have MS release a new verzion comapirable to 6 for the pc but nothing as of yet. Currenty with the 3.5 version for mac the only feature you have is emotions, and basic text messages. however if you have VPC you can DL the version 6 and use all the wonderfull features that way, however this can cause lots of headaches with the way VPC runes being slow and crashing all the time...but what can you expect from a MS program
QUOTE Thanks
ibookg4computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerbookG417
there is no support under MSN for the use of cameras on a mac, the lovely people at microsoft have been lacking this for a while now, there have been many pitetions started up to have MS release a new verzion comapirable to 6 for the pc but nothing as of yet. Currenty with the 3.5 version for mac the only feature you have is emotions, and basic text messages. however if you have VPC you can DL the version 6 and use all the wonderfull features that way, however this can cause lots of headaches with the way VPC runes being slow and crashing all the time...but what can you expect from a MS program
Oh yes, how lovely.....well there you have it. This is why I bought a Mac in the first place, I HATE Microsoft.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« need help with going to classic for certian apps | smaller icons »