New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Set output volume

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

groggy23

groggy23 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"

I have an Altec Lansing system hooked up to my iMac Intel. Is there a way to have the output volume to full everytime I boot up instead of it being halfway?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

http://www.google.de/search?q=startu...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Startup sound might be able to help ya out.

It's normally used the other way around (to mute the startup sound), but it also lets you crank the systems volume to the max...
QUOTE Thanks
Logan

Read that site's info though Aptmunich, Startupsound REQUIRES a PowerPC Mac, groggy has a intel one on his profile.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Ah, sorry - I didn't check its universalness

Good catch!
QUOTE Thanks
groggy23

Ahh, thanks APT, but yeah im on intel .. However I see the latest 1.1b version supports intel.
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

Shouldn't it be the same level as it was at shut down? So if you shut it down with the volume all the way up, it should be that high on start up.
QUOTE Thanks
groggy23

Hrmm, didn't quite work the way I wanted it too. Thing is on my Altec Lansing volume control is sensitive. I mean everytime I boot up my iMac its automatically set at half, by that I mean when you press the speaker icon on the keyboard. I would like to have it so that when it boots up it would be at full instead of halfway.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

Open an AppleScript blank and type or paste this in it:

set volume 7

Go to File, then Save As, and from the drop-down menu in the next window, save it as an application. (You can check to see if it works by opening Sound in the System Preferences and watching the bottom indicator when you double-click the AppleScript.

Drop the script in the Applications folder or someplace you can find it, and go to Accounts in System Preferences. Choose Login Items, hit the + at the bottom and navigate to the AppleScript. The machine should start at full volume forever after.
QUOTE Thanks
groggy23

Great thanks! Worked perfectly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Changing the fonts | display dimming »