Lurkstatus
    Lost!! Please help!!
    Hello! For a long time I have been an avid Windows user but recently made the all encompassing switch to a Macbook Pro. I recently took a trip to Europe and let my not so computer savvy Father borrow my laptop while I was gone. When I returned home, I went to start my top up and it asked for my name and password, normal of course but what was not normal was that my name and password were changed. I spoke to my father who had no idea how it had happened. Okay, well, I can't get mad at my dad but I need some help. I need to know whether I should re-install OS X or what. However, I have always thought that to re-install OS X I needed to access my computer through my name and password. Is this true? What do I do? Please help! I also don't have the install CDs but I can get them.

Lost!! Please help!!
    Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    You can boot with the OSX Restore/Install DVD. Hold down the "C" key till it starts to boot from the DVD. When you get to the menu, there is an option to Reset the password. Do that and all should be fine. If you have problems ask away!

sursuciofla
    Use search function and it usually covers a lot of these topics. If you don't find it in search then start a new thread. But anyways this thread should help..

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...tting+password

Hope it helps. And I never let anybody use my mac alone. I am nervous when I let someone use it and I am sitting right next to them, that's how paranoid I am. Anyways good luck.

Lurkstatus
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    You can boot with the OSX Restore/Install DVD. Hold down the "C" key till it starts to boot from the DVD. When you get to the menu, there is an option to Reset the password. Do that and all should be fine. If you have problems ask away!
    So I can boot OSX restore/Install DVD without typing in my "new" name and password?

Lost!! Please help!!
    Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkstatus
    So I can boot OSX restore/Install DVD without typing in my "new" name and password?
    Yes, Read the URL that sursuciofla mentioned. It tells just how to do it. If that does not work, let us know.

Lurkstatus
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7
    Yes, Read the URL that sursuciofla mentioned. It tells just how to do it. If that does not work, let us know.
    It's great to find a place where people are so willing to help out! Thanks a lot!!

Thread Information