josephry
    Apple Mail Sorting
    I am signed up on a ListServ mailing list that functions almost like a forum, every single response is sent to every single member so that everyone can be involved in the conversation. This is how it is supposed to function, but I do not like 20+ emails from the group going straight into my inbox a day. I have a smart folder that it all goes into, but is there a way that I can set it up so that it goes only into the folder and doesn't clutter up my general inbox? Thanks

Joe

Apple Mail Sorting
    Specs:
    17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by josephry
    I am signed up on a ListServ mailing list that functions almost like a forum, every single response is sent to every single member so that everyone can be involved in the conversation. This is how it is supposed to function, but I do not like 20+ emails from the group going straight into my inbox a day. I have a smart folder that it all goes into, but is there a way that I can set it up so that it goes only into the folder and doesn't clutter up my general inbox? Thanks

Joe
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you use the rules from the preferences menu of Mail. When you make the rule you can give it a color as well as other types of options. One of them is "move to" instead of "copy to" which is what it sounds like you are using. Let me know if works out.

Cheers,

James

josephry
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgaines
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you use the rules from the preferences menu of Mail. When you make the rule you can give it a color as well as other types of options. One of them is "move to" instead of "copy to" which is what it sounds like you are using. Let me know if works out.

Cheers,

James
    What I had been initially hoping for was a way for the mail to avoid the INBOX alltogether and simply be placed in the smart folder. However, with the rules menu I was able to mark all of that mail as read and flag it, so that it is placed in my inbox discreetly (no NEW MESSAGE alert) and marked so I can erase it or move it). Thanks.

Joe

Apple Mail Sorting
    Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    You can create a new mail box and then create a rule to move the in coming mail to be placed in that new mail box. As was suggested above. You will not see the mail in you inbox, but the folder.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information