Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    neen273
    Guest
    Email converting jpgs to Php's
    Hi, new here.

    I'm a photo retoucher. I sent my photographer client finished work through the website Yousendit.com. This *almost* works fabulously. He receives notices that files are available for downloading through his Mac email. The problem is, when he downloads them, they are somehow converted from the jpgs I originally sent to .php files. I'm guessing that it is the email system that is responsible.

    Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct it?

    Thank you so much,
    Janeen

  2. #2
    Email converting jpgs to Php's
    timswim78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 04, 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD (USA)
    Posts
    204
    Specs:
    Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by neen273
    Hi, new here.

    I'm a photo retoucher. I sent my photographer client finished work through the website Yousendit.com. This *almost* works fabulously. He receives notices that files are available for downloading through his Mac email. The problem is, when he downloads them, they are somehow converted from the jpgs I originally sent to .php files. I'm guessing that it is the email system that is responsible.

    Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct it?

    Thank you so much,
    Janeen

    Something strange is happening. You can't convert JPG files to PHP files. Have you tried sending yourself some files to try and see if you are having the same issues as your client? I just sent myself some jpg's with that service without any problems.

  3. #3
    Email converting jpgs to Php's

    Member Since
    Jul 22, 2003
    Location
    Hamilton College
    Posts
    6,999
    Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    see if your client can change the extension on the file to .jpg and try to open it still
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

  4. #4
    Email converting jpgs to Php's
    Murlyn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 11, 2003
    Location
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Posts
    4,915
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    yep what trpnmonkey said.. that should work.

  5. #5
    Email converting jpgs to Php's
    PowerBookG4's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 08, 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    Unless he is not downloading the actual images and is just downloading the site that is used to transfer the files. That would explain the .php extension
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

  6. #6
    neen273
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by timswim78
    Something strange is happening. You can't convert JPG files to PHP files. Have you tried sending yourself some files to try and see if you are having the same issues as your client? I just sent myself some jpg's with that service without any problems.

    Somehow it is happening though. I don't have any problems. I am on a PC but I have another client who is on a Mac and he isn't having this problem receiving my files.

    Robert can convert the php's to jpg's in Photoshop on his Mac, he just shouldn't have to. He sent one of the php files back to me, and I couldn't open it at all on my PC.

  7. #7
    neen273
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
    see if your client can change the extension on the file to .jpg and try to open it still
    I thought that might work, but it didn't.

  8. #8
    Email converting jpgs to Php's
    cazabam's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 06, 2006
    Posts
    1,153
    Specs:
    MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
    What do the file properties say about the file contents? The problem, as others have said, is that PHP and JPG are fundamentally different - one is an HTML wrapper programming language and one is an image format. Photoshop must be recognising the image as something else, presumably whatever the web server is converting them to.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. converting & compressing video for email
    By Ruxpie in forum Movies and Video
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 12:48 AM
  2. converting .jpgs to 1 .pdf file - please help!
    By s3monkey3717 in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 06:52 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 03:54 AM
  4. php won't send to email?
    By reholmes in forum OS X - Development and Darwin
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 04:13 AM
  5. PHP email form won't work
    By reholmes in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 03:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •