New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iMac - will these specs run latest mac os?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tgg

tgg is on a distinguished road

333mhz CPU Speed
64mb RAM
10 GB Hard Drive
DVD-Rom Drive (sorry, no CD-RW)
8mb ATI Rage Video Card
Basic Built-in Speakers with Built-in Microphone (Microphone works decently, sometimes there's a lot of gain in the background)
OS 9.1 with iTunes and Apple DVD Player
1 USB slot with 2x USB slots in the keyboard for mouse, mp3 players, etc.
1 FireWire slot
Airport Ready
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

* PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor
* Built-in FireWire
* At least 256MB of physical RAM
* A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer
* At least 3.0 GB of available space on your hard drive; 4GB of disk space if you install XCode 2 developer tools
* DVD drive for installation (get CD media for $9.95)

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
tgg

tgg is on a distinguished road

Yea firewire really has to be there or what? Also Whats the latest version before the actual latest mac os because this wont be my primary pc I just need to learn the OS because I have my own onsite computer tech bussiness and I get calls from customers wanting to know if I know Macs.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I don't think you will be able to get anything done without having more ram. OS X won't install unless you have a firewire port

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

You could use Panther 10.3 but you still need to up the ram to at least 128 Megs for an install and 256 to use it sort of smoothly. Tiger does want the FireWire port there. You can get Panther on Ebay very cheap no a days.
QUOTE Thanks
cakey

cakey is on a distinguished road

If this is for your business it might be worth it to just invest in a slightly newer Power Mac G4. Lots of nice deals on ebay here.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Intel Based OSx boot error? | DLing the OS using a disc from another computer »