bil2k
    Preparing OSX / notebook for sale
    I'm going to be selling my MacBook Pro and would like to repare it to sell. I realize I can just wipe it clean and reinstall OSX, but I'd like to leave the software I have on it for the buyer.

How do I wipe all traces of my personal information and logins but keep the installed software. Can I change the name on the admin account?

I basically just don't want them to somehow get my logins to sites andthen find my credit card info, etc.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I would wipe the disk clean and re-install the OS. If you want to the buyer to has the installed software. Just provide the media that the software came on.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Or you could take all of the software you want, put it on an outside source, and then wipe/reinstall OSX.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by bil2k
    I'm going to be selling my MacBook Pro and would like to repare it to sell. I realize I can just wipe it clean and reinstall OSX, but I'd like to leave the software I have on it for the buyer.

How do I wipe all traces of my personal information and logins but keep the installed software.
    All you should have to do is wipe the drive, reinstall OS X and then just include the original software installation media for the applications that you want to include, as you would have to do that per the EULA for the applications anyway. The new owner will then be able to install the software you are including in the sale by just using the install media.

:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information