New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Using extra mouse buttons (mouse 4 + 5 buttons to go back/forward?)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Geesu

I'm a new mac user

But in windows when I clicked the side buttons on my mouse it would go back/forward in firefox...

How can I configure this for safari/firefox or the OS?

Thanks!!
Josh
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs

Download USB Overdrive X.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
Geesu

OK so I did that and it just messed my **** up even more...

The middle mouse wouldn't work at all... So I moved it to trash from applications folder, is that how you "uninstall" it? I think installed the drivers from the logitech site for my mouse, and now when i middle click on firefox it doesn't open in a new tab, it opens in a new window and it opens it twice :/
QUOTE Thanks
Geesu

Opps on swear filter :/ Well I uninstalled it and about everything is fine... Except middlie clicking in firefox no longer opens in a new tab, it opens in a new window

Anyone know how I can change this back?

Thanks,
Josh
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

I've been using Overdrive for years with no problems. Did you set up your applications in it?

BTW: Overdrive has an uninstaller. Just trashing the app doesn't remove the kext from the system, possibly causing problems.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
Geesu

Yea I uninstalled it... but middle clicks aren't acting like they used to :/ When I middle click it opens links in a new window, not in a new tab for firefox :/
QUOTE Thanks
Geesu

OK cool... one thing though....

I went to it in system preferences.. and it's set up right
mouse 4 = forward
mouse 5 = backward
middle click = autoscroll

But these buttons do nothing in firefox or safari, anyone know why?

Thanks,
Josh
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Set mouse 4 to command-left, mouse 5 to command-right, middle button to command-click.
That should work.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Disk Image SIze | X11 on preinstalled 10.4.x? »