New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Problem watching streaming videos

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pixelfuture

For a while I was able to watch streaming windows media files, but one day the program stopped working. It would never load and the icon just bounces up and down and never does anything. So I got Flip 4 Mac and that worked for a little, but now my computer crashes everytime I try to watch a streaming windows video. I've tried using Firefox, Safari, and Explorer and they all constantly crash when I try to watch windows streaming video.
QUOTE Thanks
TMelcher

Could you be more specific about which program's icon is loading (bouncing up and down)? Do you mean the browser icon or the icon for a media player that the browser is using for a plugin?

Also, are you on an Intel or a PPC Mac? Sometimes, certain components might not run properly if they're running under Rosetta if you're running an Intel system. If so, make sure you have the most recent updates for Flip4Mac, as only the most recent release (v2.1) is a Universal Binary and properly supports Intel Macs.
QUOTE Thanks
pixelfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMelcher
Could you be more specific about which program's icon is loading (bouncing up and down)? Do you mean the browser icon or the icon for a media player that the browser is using for a plugin?

Also, are you on an Intel or a PPC Mac? Sometimes, certain components might not run properly if they're running under Rosetta if you're running an Intel system. If so, make sure you have the most recent updates for Flip4Mac, as only the most recent release (v2.1) is a Universal Binary and properly supports Intel Macs.
I have a PPC Powerbook. When I try to run Windows Media Player all I get is the bouncing icon and it never loads. Yes I do have the current version of Flip4Mac and that's when I started getting these problems. The version before their current update worked fine.
QUOTE Thanks
pixelfuture

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrade from 10.2.4 to 10.3?? | OS 10.5 Upgrade - Stupid Question? »