New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.0 - Leopard Preview from Apple.com

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Roo

Roo will become famous soon enough

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

There it is folks! They put it up for all of us to see.

I'm incredibly happy they decided to include a virtual desktop-like option on it (Spaces).

The Timemachine program looks kick as well.

Anyway..enjoy~! :p

PS - Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, or for whatever I might have done wrong; I'm a newchild.
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.26 4GBRAM iPhone6

thanks for that :biohazard

p.s. when is the likely release date for leopard
QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

what about finder revisions? any word on that?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Don't see what they would be changing on it, nor would any slight changes really be noted heavily on the site until the final release is set

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karudzo
what about finder revisions? any word on that?
None are specifically mentioned on the site, but the new stuff in Spotlight may make up for some of that....

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I love the way Microsoft has system restore, but apple has Time Machine

Microsoft has a little grey box where you check the date you want to restore on a calendar, Apple flies you out to friggin space.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss
None are specifically mentioned on the site, but the new stuff in Spotlight may make up for some of that....

Yea the spotlight will hopefully fix some of it, but Steve also said there are a lot of things they werent going to mention. That way microsoft wont cant copy it, so hopefully the finder is a new revision but from the demo the finder didnt look any different. So I guess we will have to wait and see with the final release.
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.26 4GBRAM iPhone6

any release date known?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

"Spring"...

QUOTE Thanks
studio34

studio34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06

Was there any mention of speed improvement for Rosetta in Leopard? I have read that menus and windows will open faster for Intel Macs but I have not seen anything about speed improvements for PPC programs running on Intel Macs.

Also, I did not see any changes announced for Finder. I know it has been a subject of debate as to what users felt needed to be addressed in Leopard and Finder was one of the components that could use a little help.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

No, but hopefully most applications will be UB by the time leopard rolls around...

Rosetta is already pretty amazingly fast IMO.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

My guess is that any Finder improvements are being kept underwrap until Leopard is actually released.
QUOTE Thanks
Arichards

Arichards is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.

I can't wait till they release something completely new, like OS XI . However, the time machine seems strikingly similar to windows rollback feature. Does anyone from the OS 9 days know how long (i.e. 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, etc.) it took to get to X?

But yea, other than that what really seems to be that different from it and Tiger? :yinyang:
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arichards
I can't wait till they release something completely new, like OS XI . However, the time machine seems strikingly similar to windows rollback feature. Does anyone from the OS 9 days know how long (i.e. 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, etc.) it took to get to X?
From the time they announced OSX? It was about a year and a half, but if you include the public Beta and 10.0 (which Sucked) it was closer to 2 and a half years. OSX didn't gain acceptance unitl 10.1 (which was free becasue it HAD to be). I didn't switch full time until 10.2.

QUOTE Thanks
MacWill

MacWill is an unknown at this point

I am hoping some more changes are made to IChat

I am not a big fan of their presentation but maybe it is me
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe