08-07-2006, 12:11 AM #1brannasGuestBlue Screen with spinning coloured wheel
My girlfriend borrowed her iMac G4 Flat Panel to a friend and now it won't load the OS properly.
The following happens:
1. The grey screen appears (with the smiling MAC in the middle)
2. The Mac OS X start-up screen appears with the progress bar
3. Then a blue screen, with a spinning coloured wheel in the top left corner
4. After a couple of minutes, a few windows pop open (probably whatever the person accessed last)
5. The windows disappear and all you're left with is a blue screen and spinning coloured wheel in the top left corner
6. The MAC then remains in this state indefinitely
Unfortunately, Iím unable to tell what version of the MAC OS is running.
We cannot find the OS disk either.
I will greatly appreciate any assistance anybody is able to provide.
08-07-2006, 12:33 AM #2__________________________________________________
Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy
mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.
08-07-2006, 05:02 AM #3brannasGuest
Thank You for the link.
The MAC is back for the time being.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By suehedtke in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 6Last Post: 07-08-2015, 09:46 AM
By billwill in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 5Last Post: 02-15-2013, 02:06 PM
By eatahcookie in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 2Last Post: 11-10-2011, 09:31 PM
By Kjaisb in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-07-2011, 02:15 AM
By adamj108 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 10Last Post: 12-27-2009, 09:40 PM