New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Appleworks?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jaydhall

I have classic appleworks which is running under OSX. I have a printer problem while running classic, only appleworks will print. I would like to not use the classic feature in OSX. Will appleworks work in OSX? Or, should I ask it this way, does anyone know of a good word processor for OSX?
QUOTE Thanks
christophermac

Well, you could buy the new Appleworks for Os X which is good & comes with all the other stuff applworks comes with (Spreadsheets, drawing, painting, etc) or you could buy Microsoft word for mac. I suggest the new appleworks personally, but if you need to interchange files with a windows pc, microsoft word for mac does make it easier.
QUOTE Thanks
lokerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydhall
I have classic appleworks which is running under OSX. I have a printer problem while running classic, only appleworks will print. I would like to not use the classic feature in OSX. Will appleworks work in OSX? Or, should I ask it this way, does anyone know of a good word processor for OSX?
I have the latest version of Appleworks...it is nice because the installation disk has a version which runs under OS10 or 9 as well as a dual hybrid disk that has the PC installtion of the program.

Having said that, the ONLY thing I use AW for is the database. I have MANY layouts that I use for my classroom. At the begining of the year, I have my students start in AW by entering their data. I collect all of the individual documents and combine for one database. This aspect of the program is GREAT! Other than that, I REALLY don't like AW. I use Word and I teach on Word. Their are things I don't like about Word, and still use PageMaker for anything really serious as the DTP features of Word are awkward, especially if you are used to something like PageMaker. But Word, especially the latest versions, is really a good program.

Also, MS Office for X comes with Entourage, which is the OutlookExpress for Mac...and it is supieror to OE.

Good luck.
Drew
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to dissable printer search? | Just in stall OSX now OS9 runs SLOW!! »