New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.0 - Updating OS X 10.0.4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jakke_b

Hello and first time posting. I bought an iMac G3 with OS X 10.0.3 installed. I was able to upgrade it to 10.0.4 but cannot seem to get any more updates past this. If I try my Update Software program on the MAC, it will search but then come back and say it cannot update because I haven't used automatic update yet?? Yes it is confusing. Does anyone know how I can upgrade to 10.1? I am new at Mac but it seems as if once I get to this version that I can do more updating. Also having alot of trouble installing programs. Tried to install Safari and will not. Probably because of the OS version. Tried to install Firefox and it will not install either. Also tried Limewire and neither Mac download will work. Would appreciate any help.

Jakk
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

All of the single digit updates must be bought. 10.0 > 10.1 must be purchased. Same with 10.1 > 10.2, 10.2 > 10.3 and 10.3 > 10.4. Double digit updates such as 10.4 to 10.4.1 are free.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HP PhotoSmart 2575 Driver | PLEASE Help : Cannot reinstall OS 10.2 »