furfurfur
    10.3.2 performance
    Hi All

Just updated to 10.3.2, and I notice that it seems a little slower, especially when starting up. My desktop items take a lot longer to appear than before. I haven't heard anyone else mention this, so anyone got any ideas? I'm quite new to OS X so I'm not sure if there's anything I can do apart from fixing permissions, which I've done.

Also - is it possible to back out an installed update?

Cheers,
    James

kena
    I'll Second That
    I've got the same problem plus the font sizes in Mail and Safari are all wacked. I can't get them to respond to the preference size.
    Ken A

Fomer
    Quote Originally Posted by kena
    I've got the same problem plus the font sizes in Mail and Safari are all wacked. I can't get them to respond to the preference size.
    Ken A
    Your's maybe 'cause of a rename to either the Library or Home Folder both which can't be done without messing things up.

Kreza
    Quote Originally Posted by Fomer
    Your's maybe 'cause of a rename to either the Library or Home Folder both which can't be done without messing things up.
    I just wiped my HDD and downgraded to 10.2 because 10.3 was screwed and has nothing really to offer me, it wouldnt hold my data, when i restarted, it would lose all the sys preferences i would set.

p.s. fomer what is you ichat/aim, be faster cos your always there when im in trouble :p

10.3.2 performance
    Specs:
    1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
    I haven't had that problem really. The first boot up was a little slow but now it probably takes about 10 seconds to boot up realistically maybe 20 seconds. I should time it, but it's extremely fast, but I don't shut down or restart my comp much.

sKaD

furfurfur
    hey guys, look at macfixit.com for the answer to the slow startup thingy. improved the situation greatly for me

10.3.2 performance

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    I have been using 10.3.2 since it was first released with no problems at all on it

kena
    The fix works
    Quote Originally Posted by furfurfur
    hey guys, look at macfixit.com for the answer to the slow startup thingy. improved the situation greatly for me
    You are correct Sir,

In Terminal I entered (per Apple Tech Help) sudo In -s
    /System/Library/Extensions/BootCache.kext/Contents/Resources/BootCacheControl/usr/sbin. Restarted twice and presto the boot time is back to its normal quick time. This is first time I used Terminal and without Tech Supports help I wouldn't have done it (fear of the unknown).
    Ken A

Fomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreza
    p.s. fomer what is you ichat/aim, be faster cos your always there when im in trouble :p
    mrderisory

Thread Information