New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

10.3.2 performance

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

furfurfur

Hi All

Just updated to 10.3.2, and I notice that it seems a little slower, especially when starting up. My desktop items take a lot longer to appear than before. I haven't heard anyone else mention this, so anyone got any ideas? I'm quite new to OS X so I'm not sure if there's anything I can do apart from fixing permissions, which I've done.

Also - is it possible to back out an installed update?

Cheers,
James
QUOTE Thanks
kena

I've got the same problem plus the font sizes in Mail and Safari are all wacked. I can't get them to respond to the preference size.
Ken A
QUOTE Thanks
Fomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kena
I've got the same problem plus the font sizes in Mail and Safari are all wacked. I can't get them to respond to the preference size.
Ken A
Your's maybe 'cause of a rename to either the Library or Home Folder both which can't be done without messing things up.
QUOTE Thanks
Kreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomer
Your's maybe 'cause of a rename to either the Library or Home Folder both which can't be done without messing things up.
I just wiped my HDD and downgraded to 10.2 because 10.3 was screwed and has nothing really to offer me, it wouldnt hold my data, when i restarted, it would lose all the sys preferences i would set.

p.s. fomer what is you ichat/aim, be faster cos your always there when im in trouble :p
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

I haven't had that problem really. The first boot up was a little slow but now it probably takes about 10 seconds to boot up realistically maybe 20 seconds. I should time it, but it's extremely fast, but I don't shut down or restart my comp much.

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks
furfurfur

hey guys, look at macfixit.com for the answer to the slow startup thingy. improved the situation greatly for me
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I have been using 10.3.2 since it was first released with no problems at all on it
QUOTE Thanks
kena

Quote:
Originally Posted by furfurfur
hey guys, look at macfixit.com for the answer to the slow startup thingy. improved the situation greatly for me
You are correct Sir,

In Terminal I entered (per Apple Tech Help) sudo In -s
/System/Library/Extensions/BootCache.kext/Contents/Resources/BootCacheControl/usr/sbin. Restarted twice and presto the boot time is back to its normal quick time. This is first time I used Terminal and without Tech Supports help I wouldn't have done it (fear of the unknown).
Ken A
QUOTE Thanks
Fomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreza
p.s. fomer what is you ichat/aim, be faster cos your always there when im in trouble :p
mrderisory
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Importing .vcf from Panther Address Book to PC Outlook? | Forgot login password in OS X..HELP! »