New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - User account application problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

djmitch

I hope I can explain this clearly enough ... I've set up a user account and under Parental Controls I'm configuring the "Finder.app & System" settings. When trying to select which applications I want this account to have access to, I notice that some apps within folders are not listed whereas others are.

For example, suppose ABC.app appears in the list even though it's found in the Applications/ABC folder. However, XYZ.app does NOT appear in the list of applications that I can select even though it's also in its own folder (Applications/XYZ).

How can I get XYZ.app to appear in the list of applications that I can activate in my user account? I hope this makes sense!
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I made another account that is standard to try this, but I see no place to add applications for use.
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Use the locate button,...
QUOTE Thanks
djmitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsWork
Use the locate button,...
I tried this even before starting this thread - that is, I selected Locate then I went into the folder then chose the file - to which I got the error message:

"XYZ.app does not work with the limitations you have selected."

I don't know what limitations I could have selected that would cause this! Perhaps this is an AppleCare issue, but nothing I've ever contacted them for has worked - I hope someone here has the answer!
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I am running os 10.4.5, I have no locate button on standard accounts under the parental controls tab. are you logged into the account when setting it up?
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

_Macman_ It's when you select Configure next to Finder and System

What app specifically would you like to add?
QUOTE Thanks
djmitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsWork
What app specifically would you like to add?
This may sound trivial, but I'd like to add MarbleBlast Gold. Nanosaur 2 appears in the list of apps able to be added whereas MBG does not despite the fact that both apps are in their own folders within the Applications folder.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tiger miss ical | Mapping Networ Drives »