cmoney
    Please show this PCer the way...
    can somebody please give me a quick run down on how to format my white G3 iBook. a friend of mine gave me his old laptop but there are still remenants of his files. i just finished upgrading from OS X 10.1 to Panther but i'm still finding some of his old stuff. what i want to do is completely erase everything on the computer and start off fresh. is this possible?

thanks in advance.
    ~C

AlexN
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney
    can somebody please give me a quick run down on how to format my white G3 iBook. a friend of mine gave me his old laptop but there are still remenants of his files. i just finished upgrading from OS X 10.1 to Panther but i'm still finding some of his old stuff. what i want to do is completely erase everything on the computer and start off fresh. is this possible?

thanks in advance.
    ~C
    There is an option to do a complete erase during installing, but that is not the default option. Maybe that's the problem. Pay attention, and select accordingly. Good luck.

Specs:
    Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
    When booted to the Panther CD select Disk Utility from the Installer menu. Select the disk you are installing the OS on. Then there will be an erase (PC format) option on he right side of the window. You'll have the option to perform a 1, 7 or 35 random write to the drive. Or you can just erase the directory structure (PC format c: /q).

Thread Information