New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Activity Monitor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tabasko

Hi,

I'm under MAC OS 10.3.1 on a PowerBook G4

I get the below error message when I try to launch my Activity monitor (from the utilities folder in app.)

Activity Monitor[894] The tool is not setuid root - please repair the privileges

No way to repair and solve the situation using panther basical tool for checking/repairing the files privileges.

Can you help me ?

TabasKo
(Sorry for my english I'm french)
QUOTE Thanks
kruzer

Hi,

Were you ever able to solve this? I have the same problem, and running the Repair Permissions functionality does not fix it. If you did fix it, I would love to know how!

Thanks,
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabasko
Hi,

I'm under MAC OS 10.3.1 on a PowerBook G4

I get the below error message when I try to launch my Activity monitor (from the utilities folder in app.)

Activity Monitor[894] The tool is not setuid root - please repair the privileges

No way to repair and solve the situation using panther basical tool for checking/repairing the files privileges.

Can you help me ?

TabasKo
(Sorry for my english I'm french)
QUOTE Thanks
Mr.Curlynose1

Try moving the Activity Monitor plist out of the ~/Library/Preferences folder. If that doesn't work, move it back see if you can open it using another user account.
QUOTE Thanks
kruzer

Hi,

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I've tried running Activity Monitor both as root and as two other different admin users.

Interestingly, after I removed the preferences file, no new such prefs file was created when I tried running AM. It apparently isn't even launching far enough to check or create its prefs file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Curlynose1
Try moving the Activity Monitor plist out of the ~/Library/Preferences folder. If that doesn't work, move it back see if you can open it using another user account.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« share internet over bluetooth? | Ownership and Permissions »