New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

10.9.4 -Can only get 4 browser windows to work

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Beachguy

Beachguy is on a distinguished road

I'm using Chrome on 10.9.4 on a MacBook Air from mid 2011.

Updated to 10.9.4 yesterday and now I can't get more than 4 tabs to connect to web sites using Chrome. All others time out with "No data received." Bringing up Safari, I can reach no sites at all.

Any thoughts?

added note: This is ONLY on my MBA. I have this MacBook Pro and a mini, plus a couple of iPads with no issues, so it is something on the MBA.

Changed version of Chrome I was using.

Verified disk, and permissions. Repaired permissions.

Turned off firewall. Turned back on.

None of this made a difference.
QUOTE Thanks
Beachguy

I still have not resolved this. Sure could use ANY ideas...
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Try using Onyx to flush out your cache files, especially the internet cache. If that doesn't work, download and apply the 10.9.4 Update Combo to see of that fixes it. Might want to re-run Onyx after doing that also.
OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update (Combo)

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Beachguy

I think I can understand your name here, Lifeisabeach!

It turns out that it was the Cisco Anyconnect client that hosed me. After reinstalling 10.9.4 I tried it with no success, and found a reference elsewhere to this problem with another user. All is now good!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Various problems since Mavericks update | Mac Mini Login Issue »