brody
    can't see shared windows files
    i have a wireless network with 2 xp pro machines and powerbook. i used to be able to access all the shared windows files with no problems. suddenly, i can't view the files. i can still connect to the xp machines and see all the folders and open them, but they appear empty. anyone have experience with mac/windoze netoworking? thanks.

salamisandwich
    unseen windows shared files
    Quote Originally Posted by brody
    i have a wireless network with 2 xp pro machines and powerbook. i used to be able to access all the shared windows files with no problems. suddenly, i can't view the files. i can still connect to the xp machines and see all the folders and open them, but they appear empty. anyone have experience with mac/windoze netoworking? thanks.
    I have the same situation but on a wired network. My windows machine cansee all mac files. My mac can see all shared folders and open them but nothing can be seen. Have you solved this? Thanks.

Tangerine
    Quote Originally Posted by brody
    Brody, try doing an smb mount from your powerbook, you can do this by clicking go in the finder, then click connect to server. in the space type smb://ip address/. you will need the user name and password for the computer you are trying to connect to

Thread Information