New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

How to suggest changes to OSX?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stefanmaine

stefanmaine is on a distinguished road

Does Apple have a page where users can suggest features in future versions of OSX? I have OS10.9.3 on a MacBook Pro. The "sleep" logon page offers two options below the logon password box, Cancel and Guest. I would like to suggest that Apple add a third, "Shut Down".

As it is now, if I want to shut down the laptop when I return after an absence long enough to have generated the "sleep" logon page, I have to log in and then click on the Apple icon and then on Shut Down. Admittedly, those few steps are just a minor inconvenience, but it seems this would be an easy "fix" and, to me at least, a welcome one.

So, again, is there an Apple "Suggestion Box"?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Probably somewhere on the Apple internet forums.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Certainly not here as this site has nothing to do with Apple and they do not monitor posts. Maybe if you have an Apple ID post it on Apple Discussions.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Certainly not here as this site has nothing to do with Apple and they do not monitor posts. Maybe if you have an Apple ID post it on Apple Discussions.
Hi Harry et al - now, I know that this (and others) forum has no official relationship w/ Apple, and thus I would also comment in a similar fashion to a poster wanting to 'contact' Apple; but do you think that there are likely 'Apple People' who are members incognito and indeed monitor the threads?

Another example - I'm an active member of the iPad Forums, which has over a third of a million members - I cannot imagine that someone from Apple does not look at the site - wouldn't Steve Jobs insist on knowing what the 'people' feel about his products?

Now, I'm an amateur woodworker and belong to several related sites - a number of commercial sellers are active members, both participating and responding to posts - so, I guess that my 'bottom line' is that there are likely Apple people that indeed monitor some of these Apple computer sites (if not PC ones also) w/o revealing their identities - just wondering? Dave
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Well Dave have never seen an official response in I guess hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of posts but who knows?

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Randy B. Singer

Randy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmaine View Post
Does Apple have a page where users can suggest features in future versions of OSX?
Yes, as a matter of fact they do!

Apple - Mac OS X - Feedback

Randy B. Singer

Mac OS X Routine Maintenance http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
QUOTE Thanks
stefanmaine

stefanmaine is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for your comments, particularly Randy B. Singer, whose link is just what I was looking for!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X Mavericks Hardware Diagnostics | OS X updated, now iTunes will not open! »