New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Printer Scanner Prolem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

grouston

grouston is on a distinguished road

I have Firefox and Safari on computer, my wife uses Firefox to pick up her mail, I use Safari-AOL Mail, when I try to scan a document to send in email it sans but will not store in my documents, it will on Firefox for my wife. How do I get the printer, scanner to work on Safari as well?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The operation of any printer or scanner does not depend on your internet browser. (Safari, Firefox) You didn't mention which printer-scanner you have or what version of OS X you're using? You need to make sure that your printer-scanner has the proper drivers loaded for whichever version of OS X you're using.
QUOTE Thanks
grouston

I have 10,9.2, Maverick, added Maverick a short time ago, maybe the driver.

I have an HP C-4280. All in one.

Thanks in advance for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

The HP web site has a listing for the driver: Mavericks 10.9 Drivers for the HP C-4280 are located here. Be sure to follow the HP instructions for installation.
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

The print & scan drivers for the HP Photosmart C4200 series are available for auto-download from Apple's servers:
OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download

These drivers are automatically installed when you Add the printer in Print & Scan prefs if your Mac is working correctly. If your Mac doesn't auto-find and install the correct drivers, you should reset the Printing System:
OS X Mavericks: Reset the printing system
QUOTE Thanks
grouston

Still not working, I tried everything, uninstalled, re-installed, uploaded correct drivers and updates now I have completely lost the scan pro part, I think I need a new wireless printer that is more up to date with Maverick on my IMAC and with my new iPhone 5c. Any suggestions on good printer that is good on ink???
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

I don't what your iPhone 5c has to do with printing or scanning but if you're looking for a new printer, here are some suggestions:

Epson
Brother
HP

Those three generally support OS X and have available drivers. I would have also recommended Canon, but their installation instructions and wireless setup leaves much to be desired. And the last one I had was a piece of junk.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Not sure what is happening here but you might not need a different printer just yet. Not sure what the fix is but some users are apparently able to get this working. See here

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro Wifi 'No Hardware Installed' | hdutil attach failure »