New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mac OS X 10.11

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JoJo24

JoJo24 is on a distinguished road

How do I stop my screen from jumping around and splitting up
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo24 View Post
How do I stop my screen from jumping around and splitting up
Do you really mean OS 10.11? Just checking since this OS version is very very old.

I think that we need a bit more info...since what was provided so far is very very little. What Macintosh model do you have?

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
JoJo24

Thanks Nick. Yes it's OX X 10.11 as indicated in my subject. What one should I be running now and how do I install it?

P.S. I am very very old too....lol!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks Nick. Yes it's OX X 10.11 as indicated in my subject. What one should I be running now and how do I install it?
As requested in my previous post...need to know exactly what Mac model you have.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.10.1

Maybe I am missing something, but how can OS X 10.11 be old, when the latest is OS X 10.9.3

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBie View Post
Maybe I am missing something, but how can OS X 10.11 be old, when the latest is OS X 10.9.3.
I'm guessing OP meant OS 10.1.1...and maybe missed a decimal point. I'm also guessing that the OP is using an old old Mac with a CRT display...which is suffering from the jumping & splitting up video (which we usually don't see with flat panel displays).

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
JoJo24

The computer I am referring to is my iMac desktop. I am constantly updating software but in Finder/About this Mac it says software version is OS X 10.6.8. I am also having trouble installing latest Adobe Flash Player. Is there a common denominator here?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
The computer I am referring to is my iMac desktop. I am constantly updating software but in Finder/About this Mac it says software version is OS X 10.6.8. I am also having trouble installing latest Adobe Flash Player. Is there a common denominator here?
Ahh...this info makes a VERY big difference. The thread title "Mac OS X 10.11" appeared to me to mean that it had Mac OS 10.11 installed on it (and like McBie mentioned)...the latest version of the Mac OS is 10.9.

Thus the 10.11 number sounds like the model number of your iMac ...since you mentioned that it has OS 10.6.8 installed. If 10.11 is the model number of your iMac...then it would be about a 2009 model...and thus be about 4-5 years old (is this correct)?

Can you give us a bit more info on what your display is doing (you mentioned "jumping around and splitting up")?

- When does it do this?
- Does it happen only when you do certain things or use certain programs?
- It may be possible that this problem is related to Adobe Flash Player (since you mentioned not being able to install the latest version). Since Flash is related to how things are get displayed on your monitor.

* Nick

QUOTE Thanks
JoJo24

So grateful for the help. I think we are getting somewhere. Yes it was purchased in 2010.
It seems to happen mostly with emails and when I google. The page jumps in and out, splits up and
sometimes there is a blue line around it.
Regarding Adobe Flash. I uninstalled it this morning as per an answer I received after googling that specific problem.
However when I go to install it's so quick I don't think it is installing properly. I managed to erase blocked plug-in message but I still have problems playing certain things especially on Facebook
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SD Card not showing up on Mac | Mac screen issue »