New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OSX snow leopard bootable dual layer DVD copy

Thread Closed

ghostanime2001

ghostanime2001 is on a distinguished road

Hello, I am using a hackintosh. I have a Snow leopard 10.6.3 retail DVD that I want to copy/backup to a verbatim DVD DL. Will the DVD DL be bootable ? For example, if I star the computer again and want to install Snow leopard by pressing "c" or "option" key will it boot up ? or do I need to do something extra before to make the DVD DL bootable ? If so, what is it ?

Thank you..
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

We do not allow discussions regarding hackintosh's. Thread closed.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Closed

« Syncing Problems between Iphone 4 and Mac | replacement for quicken 2006? »