New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mail mailboxes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Farmer Pug

Farmer Pug is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 Macbook Pro 15 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 320Gb. Upgraded to 8Gb ram and 1Tb hard drive

My mail program has been getting a bit of a mess recently, i had 4 different email addresses linked to it
-yahoo,
-gmail,
- the one that comes when setting up iCloud,
- and my universities email.

Its become a bit unmanageable due to old rules that were setup, and different mailbox folders making viewing new emails a nightmare.
I attempted to start all over again by resetting it, this involved deleting some folders after reading some thread on how to reset mail to factory settings.
So far i have set up the Yahoo and Gmail accounts again, but i have a problem.

I would like to click on gmail at the top of the list to see my googlemail emails, but for some odd reason only some emails are there, the bulk of them are in the lower down one "all mail (gmail)"

why is there two gmail inbox buttons, how can i remove one so all my googlemail emails are visible from the top gmail tab.
QUOTE Thanks
Rod Sprague

Rod Sprague will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro OS 10.9.4, iMac 2.5 gHz OS 10.6, iPhone 4 iOS 7, 4th Gen iPod touch iOS 5, Apple TV 2

The simple answer to your question is; when you reset Mail and I assume you have a IMAP Google Mail account only new mail will appear in your inbox. All old mail will be archived at the Google server into "All Mail". You should see All Mail under Archived. You cannot change this but it is easily accessed by selecting Archive.

RodS Don't forget to click on the permalink (top right corner) if you were helped by a post in this forum.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Reinstall Mail | cloning my hardrive to SSD connected via Firewire »