New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OSX 10.9.3 Update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Today 10.9.3 was released! Getting the final now as I am in the beta program. Also new iTunes 11.2.

USB syncing from your iDevice to the Mac is now back!! Yay!!!

Go get it!
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Beat me by 3 minutes. Just got it.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
USB syncing from your iDevice to the Mac is now back!! Yay!!!
I assume that this is in reference to things like contact and calendar sync?

Nevermind, I just read the release notes...

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Update (Combo)
QUOTE Thanks
MBP17•David

MBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP17 2010 8GB 2x960GB SSDs 10.9.5 • MBA11 2010 4GB 128GB 10.9.5 • TC 2TB • TV3 • iOS bunch

Done and done (as in both MBP•17" and MBA•11")
Even updated the Mac Specs in user profile

Incidentally, it fixed a rather strange issue with Maps I was having: with X11 running, Maps would go blank (no map, no satellite), on second relaunch of the app, and back to normal, if system restarted. Now in 10.9.3 it works as it should.

Dvid
QUOTE Thanks
skays

skays is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS-X 10.7.3

I just updated Maverick 10.9.3. I now see where my disk icon on my desktop no longer has a name but "0 00". Also, in System Preferences" the Startup Disk icon has a ? in it. Anything I should be concerned about? I also sent out an email and it sent out 2 of the same email instead of 1. Hmmmm....
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skays View Post
I just updated Maverick 10.9.3. I now see where my disk icon on my desktop no longer has a name but "0 00". Also, in System Preferences" the Startup Disk icon has a ? in it. Anything I should be concerned about? I also sent out an email and it sent out 2 of the same email instead of 1. Hmmmm....

I did not have any of those issues you may want to try the combo that dtravis7 linked to.
QUOTE Thanks
lclev

lclev is a jewel in the roughlclev is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 15" Early 2011, i7, 16GB, 1TB HD; MB Air 13", Mid 2013, i5, 4GB, 256GB SSD

Updated my MB air with no issues. Will update my MBP at work tomorrow and the iMac.

I noted in the release notes this update will improve connecting with SMB active directory. That would be nice. I will check it out tomorrow when I get to work. It takes way too long for any of our macs to connect and then show shares on the network. Once they connect all is good but not like the windows computers that are connected as soon as they log on.

Lisa
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I've noticed OS X struggle sometimes with SMB shares, which can be a touch frustrating. I can't remember if these issues existed before Apple migrated away from Samba but regardless, it's nice to see them improving their own SMB implementation.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
IWT

Location: Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
IWT is a jewel in the roughIWT is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2010 27" iMac 16GB RAM, SSD & 1TB IHD (Lion) + 2013 27" iMac Fusion SSD & 3TB IHD, 32GB (Mavericks)

Make sure that as well as downloading 10.9.3, you also update iTunes to 11.2.1. Reason? With 10.9.3, the ability to see or access "Users" was denied - a major problem resolved by the iTunes update.

Ian
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

And... you may have to do the download twice. Many users are experiencing an error with the iTunes download ("download can not be verified") even though the 10.9.3 update installs correctly. However, when you go to download iTunes again, it also downloads the 10.9.3 update again and installs it once more along with iTunes.

Be sure to make a backup before downloading the update!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Broken Search After Update to Mavericks | My Passport Disk Will Not unlock after Update to 10.9.3 »