New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Need help on some audio problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Purple Turtle

Purple Turtle is on a distinguished road

I have a super loud headset, to the point that I have to set the output to about 0.003 in Audio MIDI Setup. Is there a simpler way of doing this? It is kind of annoying having to stop what I'm doing to change it to 0.003 everytime I accidentally up the volume to a full blip
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I think that you started this conversation in the middle. Maybe you can start from the beginning & catch us up...so we can understand what you're talking about.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Purple Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I think that you started this conversation in the middle. Maybe you can start from the beginning & catch us up...so we can understand what you're talking about.

- Nick
Hi, sorry I wasn't clear.
I have a gaming headset, the output is super loud though, if I use the buttons on my keyboard to lower it to 1 little 'blip' (as I call them, not sure what they are technically called) it still pretty much makes my ears bleed (not literally of course). So what I do is I use Audio MIDI Setup to set the volume much lower than 1 'blip', however if I accidentally press the volume up or down on my keyboard, or even the little control box on the wire of the actual headset, then I have to manually go into the Audio MIDI Setup program and type in 0.003 in both ears, which can be very annoying to do if I am in middle of something. Is there any way of doing this in a simpler way?
Thanks for the reply
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really niceRadDave is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.9.5

Hello - still not enough information, i.e. what are the specifics of your hardware: 1) Assume you are using an Apple laptop or desktop, if so - year/model; 2) What OS X is installed; and 3) What are the brands/models of your MIDI (if an external device) & head phones? Thanks - Dave
QUOTE Thanks
Purple Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
Hello - still not enough information, i.e. what are the specifics of your hardware: 1) Assume you are using an Apple laptop or desktop, if so - year/model; 2) What OS X is installed; and 3) What are the brands/models of your MIDI (if an external device) & head phones? Thanks - Dave
Hi, sorry.
I have a 2011 Macbook pro, I'm running OSX 10.9.2
I don't use a MIDI, I just use Audio MIDI Setup to change my audio.
I am using a Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2, I already contacted them, and they told me they don't provide support for mac users.

Thanks for your reply
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Here's a work around that might be less annoying than your current setup. It uses a program called Audio Hijack Pro which is not free but there is a free demo. Once you have installed Audio Hijack Pro try the following:

1. Decide which apps you usually use the headset with. Follow these directions to route audio from this programs to the headset only.
2 Add a filter to reduce the volume to an appropriate level. Those directions do not list all of the filters in this program.

The setup might take some work but only has to be completed once. If you like the result Audio Hijack Pro can be launched as a login item so it is always available.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Purple Turtle

Hi, I played around with this for a while, I got the thing to come through my headset when the output is set to my speakers, however, I cannot adjust the audio level, I can move it back and forth, but it doesn't do anything, I've tried setting it lower, then restarted the program, and the program that its hijacking, nothing.

One more problem I forgot to mention earlier, my microphone on the same headset is kind of quiet, is there any way of boosting this?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You should be able to set the volume at 50% on your Mac and then use the volume control on the headset. If the headset volume control will not reduce the volume to zero - then the headset is defective.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« cloning my hardrive to SSD connected via Firewire | email with outlook within preview »