New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Restore all files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

G_Pap

G_Pap is on a distinguished road

Hello, I want to return to a previous state - restore (only the files on Macintosh and Macintosh 2) because I delete some files (I have create backups with Time Machine). What is the procedure ?
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

Not much information to go on mate.
Also not sure what Macintosh and Macintosh2 are supposed to indicate .... remember, we don't know your setup :-)
Depending on what you mean with " files " , restoring can be as simple as restoring from the trash or launching Time Machine and using the finder inside Time Machine to navigate to the file/folder you need and hit the restore button.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
G_Pap

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBie View Post
Not much information to go on mate.
Also not sure what Macintosh and Macintosh2 are supposed to indicate .... remember, we don't know your setup :-)
Depending on what you mean with " files " , restoring can be as simple as restoring from the trash or launching Time Machine and using the finder inside Time Machine to navigate to the file/folder you need and hit the restore button.

Cheers ... McBie
Thanks McBie.
I use Mavericks and I want to restore all my files at yesterday. Macintosh HD and Macintosh HD 2 are internal Disk Drives. I want to restore from my external Disk Drive.
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

Thanks for the clarification.
What do you mean with " Files " ...... are they documents you created, applications you installed, your iTunes library, or your iPhoto library or the complete system ( or any combination of these ) ?

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
G_Pap

At Macintosh HD I have my applications, at Macintosh HD 2 I have my files (documents,photos, music, videos, etc).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« update mac os 10.6.8 to mac os 10.7.0 | retrieving or changing password »