New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

HELP! OSX Mavericks problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

austinlilly

austinlilly is on a distinguished road

Today i finally updated my mac to OSX Mavericks. Upon installation i attempted to try the new Messages Application, the icon bouced a few times in my toolbar then disappeared. I've tried restarting and logging in as a different account.
Im a beginner when it comes to Macs so please help with simply language.
Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The Messages application will bounce a few times in the Dock (bottom menu bar) and then there will be a hesitation of a short time until the iCloud setup appears. It will ask you for your Apple ID and password. If you do not have an Apple ID, you can apply for one right from the application.
QUOTE Thanks
austinlilly

austinlilly is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply, was this the same iCloud setup that i had to do when my laptop first restarted after Mavericks installation. I entered my Apple ID already at this point, is there more to do?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinlilly View Post
Thanks for the reply, was this the same iCloud setup that i had to do when my laptop first restarted after Mavericks installation. I entered my Apple ID already at this point, is there more to do?
If you've already entered your Apple ID into the iCloud setup, then there's no reason to enter it again. When the messages dialog opens, it should already show your Apple ID and ask for your password. After that, you can send messages from your Mac to an iPhone, iPad, another Mac, etc.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Display dock on right side 2 monitors when screens are arranged above each other? | Tracking Changes »