New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Reinstall iCalendar

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

G_Pap

G_Pap is on a distinguished road

Hello, is there an option to reinstall iCal (only this app). I'm running Mavericks, 10.9.2.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Are you referring to the Calendar app because the older iCal app is no longer available for download from Apple. If you have a Snow Leopard install disk set, the iCal app can be found on disk 2.
QUOTE Thanks
G_Pap

The Calendar app yes, I have Mavericks as Operating System and a bootable CD already.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

OK, just wanted to be sure which app you were referring to. You can download the free Apple Calendar application from here.
QUOTE Thanks
G_Pap

When I click on the link and opens the macupdate page I clicked download button but nothing to download.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Built in applications cannot be reinstalled independently. As you'll see in this article from Apple, the only way to do it would be to reinstall OS X. You could use a third party calendar app. Here's a list of a few.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Good to know. For some reason, I thought the included apps could be downloaded independently. I think they could at one time - but I might be wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Can I assume then that using something like Pacifist won't work? Assuming of course that the OP saved the installer.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
G_Pap

Thank you. Pacifist doesn't work fine for me, for example I search the Calendar app and I'm trying to extract the packages but returns an error.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I wasn't sure whether it would work or not. I haven't tried it since Apple stopped releasing the OS on DVD. I wasn't able to try it. I need to download a new installer.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Good to know. For some reason, I thought the included apps could be downloaded independently. I think they could at one time - but I might be wrong.
You're probably right. It looks like you could have downloaded them at some point.

The Pacifist option is something I thought about earlier but how does it work now that OS X is shipped digitally?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
You're probably right. It looks like you could have downloaded them at some point.

The Pacifist option is something I thought about earlier but how does it work now that OS X is shipped digitally?
It takes some doing. Im not sure if you have to have it on a Thumb Drive or you can straight from the Installer in Applications. Ill play with it later, but I do remember I had to play around to extract something not so long ago.

I keep getting a error with a minute to go when I try and download Mavericks at the moment ?!?!? Hmmm

Be back

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
G_Pap

I was try with Pacifist to install the Calendar App (only) and after that, the App doesn't work properly so I had to reinstall Mavericks again. I don't know if I make something wrong but that's the story.
In our thread now, I've found that strange solution. (When I run the Apps as Apps, NOT FROM THE CALENDAR) and after that run them from Calendar they work fine. But If I run the App from Calendar, without run it first as App, it not works. I'm very confused, if somebody thinks something about it, I would like to know.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Pap View Post
I was try with Pacifist to install the Calendar App (only) and after that, the App doesn't work properly so I had to reinstall Mavericks again. I don't know if I make something wrong but that's the story.
In our thread now, I've found that strange solution. (When I run the Apps as Apps, NOT FROM THE CALENDAR) and after that run them from Calendar they work fine. But If I run the App from Calendar, without run it first as App, it not works. I'm very confused, if somebody thinks something about it, I would like to know.

Thanks
^^^^ THIS ^^^^ I'm totally confused !!!

I know English isn't your first language, but honestly, this is just in comprehensible. What do you mean run Apps from Calendar and when you run Apps as Apps ?? I truly am lost, so if you could try to explain it better or screenshots if you thing that will help, that would be great.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
G_Pap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
^^^^ THIS ^^^^ I'm totally confused !!!

I know English isn't your first language, but honestly, this is just in comprehensible. What do you mean run Apps from Calendar and when you run Apps as Apps ?? I truly am lost, so if you could try to explain it better or screenshots if you thing that will help, that would be great.
Hello, I'm trying to say this :
When I lunch the app manually first and then lunch the same app from Calendar everything works perfect.
But if I lunch the app from Calendar without lunch it first manually gives me "a problem with one notification".
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External monitor not working | UK Grid reference needed »