Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Member Since
    May 05, 2014
    Posts
    57
    Specs:
    iMac 2011 - 27"
    Reinstall iCalendar
    Hello, is there an option to reinstall iCal (only this app). I'm running Mavericks, 10.9.2.

  2. #2

    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    49,134
    Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Are you referring to the Calendar app because the older iCal app is no longer available for download from Apple. If you have a Snow Leopard install disk set, the iCal app can be found on disk 2.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Member Since
    May 05, 2014
    Posts
    57
    Specs:
    iMac 2011 - 27"
    The Calendar app yes, I have Mavericks as Operating System and a bootable CD already.

  4. #4

    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    49,134
    Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    OK, just wanted to be sure which app you were referring to. You can download the free Apple Calendar application from here.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Member Since
    May 05, 2014
    Posts
    57
    Specs:
    iMac 2011 - 27"
    When I click on the link and opens the macupdate page I clicked download button but nothing to download.

  6. #6

    vansmith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 19, 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,782
    Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Built in applications cannot be reinstalled independently. As you'll see in this article from Apple, the only way to do it would be to reinstall OS X. You could use a third party calendar app. Here's a list of a few.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

  7. #7

    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    49,134
    Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Good to know. For some reason, I thought the included apps could be downloaded independently. I think they could at one time - but I might be wrong.

  8. #8

    Slydude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 15, 2009
    Location
    North Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    10,470
    Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Can I assume then that using something like Pacifist won't work? Assuming of course that the OP saved the installer.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Member Since
    May 05, 2014
    Posts
    57
    Specs:
    iMac 2011 - 27"
    Thank you. Pacifist doesn't work fine for me, for example I search the Calendar app and I'm trying to extract the packages but returns an error.

  10. #10

    Slydude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 15, 2009
    Location
    North Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    10,470
    Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    I wasn't sure whether it would work or not. I haven't tried it since Apple stopped releasing the OS on DVD. I wasn't able to try it. I need to download a new installer.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

  11. #11

    vansmith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 19, 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,782
    Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Good to know. For some reason, I thought the included apps could be downloaded independently. I think they could at one time - but I might be wrong.
    You're probably right. It looks like you could have downloaded them at some point.

    The Pacifist option is something I thought about earlier but how does it work now that OS X is shipped digitally?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

  12. #12

    TattooedMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 19, 2009
    Location
    Waiting for a mate . . .
    Posts
    8,437
    Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    You're probably right. It looks like you could have downloaded them at some point.

    The Pacifist option is something I thought about earlier but how does it work now that OS X is shipped digitally?
    It takes some doing. Im not sure if you have to have it on a Thumb Drive or you can straight from the Installer in Applications. Ill play with it later, but I do remember I had to play around to extract something not so long ago.

    I keep getting a error with a minute to go when I try and download Mavericks at the moment ?!?!? Hmmm

    Be back
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Member Since
    May 05, 2014
    Posts
    57
    Specs:
    iMac 2011 - 27"
    Strange Procedure
    I was try with Pacifist to install the Calendar App (only) and after that, the App doesn't work properly so I had to reinstall Mavericks again. I don't know if I make something wrong but that's the story.
    In our thread now, I've found that strange solution. (When I run the Apps as Apps, NOT FROM THE CALENDAR) and after that run them from Calendar they work fine. But If I run the App from Calendar, without run it first as App, it not works. I'm very confused, if somebody thinks something about it, I would like to know.

    Thanks

  14. #14

    TattooedMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 19, 2009
    Location
    Waiting for a mate . . .
    Posts
    8,437
    Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Pap View Post
    I was try with Pacifist to install the Calendar App (only) and after that, the App doesn't work properly so I had to reinstall Mavericks again. I don't know if I make something wrong but that's the story.
    In our thread now, I've found that strange solution. (When I run the Apps as Apps, NOT FROM THE CALENDAR) and after that run them from Calendar they work fine. But If I run the App from Calendar, without run it first as App, it not works. I'm very confused, if somebody thinks something about it, I would like to know.

    Thanks
    ^^^^ THIS ^^^^ I'm totally confused !!!

    I know English isn't your first language, but honestly, this is just in comprehensible. What do you mean run Apps from Calendar and when you run Apps as Apps ?? I truly am lost, so if you could try to explain it better or screenshots if you thing that will help, that would be great.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Member Since
    May 05, 2014
    Posts
    57
    Specs:
    iMac 2011 - 27"
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    ^^^^ THIS ^^^^ I'm totally confused !!!

    I know English isn't your first language, but honestly, this is just in comprehensible. What do you mean run Apps from Calendar and when you run Apps as Apps ?? I truly am lost, so if you could try to explain it better or screenshots if you thing that will help, that would be great.
    Hello, I'm trying to say this :
    When I lunch the app manually first and then lunch the same app from Calendar everything works perfect.
    But if I lunch the app from Calendar without lunch it first manually gives me "a problem with one notification".

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. icalendar help
    By debi3sons in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 08:54 AM
  2. iCalendar Error
    By G_Pap in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 07:08 AM
  3. Help with iCalendar!
    By Nicholas17 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 03:42 AM
  4. iCalendar email reminders
    By scubaguy in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 02:45 PM
  5. iCalendar
    By Bellator1968 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •