New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Preview problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

msmcis

msmcis is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I have downloaded the latest version of OSX (10.7.5). I am unable to make font or size changes in 'Preview' because the 'A' is unresponsive. Please help! Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
Dogbreath

Dogbreath is a jewel in the roughDogbreath is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2010 Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 (SL), 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display

OSX 10.7.5 is not the latest version of OSX. Without additional computer specs, it will be difficult to offer assistance.
QUOTE Thanks
msmcis

I just checked my software updates, and it said that there are none. What's the latest OSX? If I can, I will be have to provide them. What additional computer specs do you need?
QUOTE Thanks
Dogbreath

Dogbreath is a jewel in the roughDogbreath is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2010 Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 (SL), 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display

Apple's OSX 10.9.2 is the most recent version of its OS. But I see that you mean your 10.7.5 has all the updates for that version. Apple has moved on...way on. The people who can help you most will need the year, make, model, amount of RAM, size of hdd, etc. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen...then click on About this Mac. There you will find the pertinent information.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmcis View Post
I just checked my software updates, and it said that there are none. What's the latest OSX? If I can, I will be have to provide them. What additional computer specs do you need?
As already stated, the OS X you are currently using should allow upgrade to OS 10.9.x (i.e. Mavericks) DEPENDING on the specs of your computer - see quoted material below (from Apple Support) for more specific information.

So, please provide the information requested - there are plenty of experts here that have dealt w/ these upgrade issues - good luck! Dave

Quote:
OS X Mavericks: System Requirements
Learn about the system requirements for OS X Mavericks.

To install Mavericks, you need one of these Macs:

iMac (Mid-2007 or later)
MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, Late 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later),
MacBook Pro (15-inch or 17-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
Mac mini (Early 2009 or later)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
Xserve (Early 2009)
Your Mac also needs:

OS X Mountain Lion, Lion, or Snow Leopard v10.6.8 already installed
2 GB or more of memory
8 GB or more of available space
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Have a look over this Preview kb Article from Apple for some help

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
msmcis

If Apple doesn't prompt me, or keeps me abreast or new versions, how can I know when there is a new version and if it is suitable for my laptop? All Apple does is let me know when there is an update on my current vision.

I tried downloading 10.9.2, but it tells me that I must first download 10.9.0, which I can't find anywhere. Any ideas?

As for the info requested about my computer:
Year: Late 2011
Make: 13-inch, MacBook Pro OS X Virsion 10.7.5
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk: Macintosh HD
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

If I missed something, please let me know where I can find it.

Thank you very much!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

You don't need to update to OS X 10.9 to solve this issue and while it would be a beneficial upgrade, it's a lot of work that isn't needed right now.

The ability to edit text may be "disabled" because what you're trying to edit isn't actually text. What are you trying to edit? Did you, by chance, happen to scan this document?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
msmcis

All I'm trying to do is change the size of the text I am typing, but the 'A' that links to fonts and text size simply stopped responding for some reason. It was fine the last time I used it, which was less than a week ago.

It would be nice to upgrade to 10.9.2, if you can help me with that also.

Many thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

You download OS X.9 Mavericks from the App Store and then update to OS X.9.2 after it is installed. Suggest you backup everything to an external drive - you do this as a matter of course? You will need an Apple ID to access the App Store. Here is how you set up the Apple ID:-

https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/We...localang=en_US

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Try restarting your computer

and if that doesn't work select Tools - Annotate - Text

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
msmcis

Thank you bobtomay!

It works again after restarting.
QUOTE Thanks
msmcis

Harry b, I already have an Apple ID.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrade from 10.4.6 to mountain lion | What's the fastest way to serach an external HDD? »