New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Hacking the Dock.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

I like having my System Preferences app being on the far right side of the Dock. This causes problems whenever applications I open that aren't already on the Dock come up, such as new applications, Software Update, StuffIt Expander, Preview, and the like. So what I have to do, being somewhat OCD, is drag those apps over to the left of the System Preferences icon, and then drag them off the Dock, so they won't stay when they're done. Is there any way to simply hack the Dock to make apps automatically appear to the left of the System Preferences icon to begin with, or perhaps to at least automate the action of dragging them?

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

I've wondered all about this one and tried poking around in Dock.app's plists, but couldn't find anything about the order of apps in the Dock.

Without a 3rd party app, I don't think it's possible. But the first place for you to start looking would be in the Dock.app Info.plist.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to copy a dvd to a external Hard drive | Spotlight »