New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

bookmarks gone after crash :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

halele

halele is on a distinguished road

My Macbook recently crashed while I was using chrome and had to force restart my computer, after that, all my bookmarks were gone!
I went to look for the backup file and tried the whole replacing bookmarks with bookmarks.bak made sure the extension was gone in got info too but still doesnt work. I've converted it into an html file and see a bunch of stuff there so I'm sure my bookmarks are still there although not completely sure they are ALL there.. but it says last modified at the exact time my computer crashed ( I had bookmarked some tabs right before the computer crashed).
I've seen some videos about how you can revert to previous versions of chrome in windows. I tried to do it in Mac using services but I only get an error saying "The action “Run Shell Script” encountered an error." Is there a way I can see previous version of my chrome? (Time Machine is not an option as I was not making backups with time machine )..

Chrome version: Version 31.0.1650.63
Macbook pro: 10.6.8

Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated <3
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Were you also using Safari at the time? If your bookmarks are up to date in Safari, Chrome will import them. Otherwise you may be stuck with having to re-do all your bookmarks. Since you have the backup file, you can copy from it, but you will actually have to visit each site before it's registered again in bookmarks. Next time make backups.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dmesg and a USB problem using Arduino | Mac File Recovery »