New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Dmesg and a USB problem using Arduino

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mike6158

Mike6158 is on a distinguished road

I've been troubleshooting not being able to connect to an Arduino (Tiny) with my Mac for the last two days. The serial problem has something to do with the board since I can plug an UNO in and the serial port shows up fine.

However, during the process of troubleshooting I ran Dmesg based on a number of suggestions from the web. Itdidn't help me much and it prompted this question-

The output from dmesg is fairly lengthy. Is there someone here that could look at it and tell me what the problems (if any) are?
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Possibly, and I say that with reservations.
Do a dmesg > filename.txt and attach here. Please don't copy paste to a post. Makes for a really long post.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
Mike6158

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
Possibly, and I say that with reservations.
Do a dmesg > filename.txt and attach here. Please don't copy paste to a post. Makes for a really long post.
I can see how a cut and paste would be a bad idea. File attached... and thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: txt mikesmac.txt (16.0 KB, 1 views)
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

This shows up several times...

The USB device Keyboard Hub (Port 1 of Hub at 0xfd000000) may have caused a wake by being disconnected
Ethernet [Intel8254x]: Link up on en1, 1-Gigabit, Full-duplex, Symmetric flow-control, Debug [792d,af48,0de1,0e00,cde1,3c00]
hfs: mounted Mike's G-DRIVE on device disk3s2
com_DataRobotics_iSCSIInitiatorIOKitDriver: setPowerState Enter with powerState: 0 and device: 4fee5300
com_DataRobotics_iSCSIInitiatorIOKitDriver: Going to sleep!
com_DataRobotics_iSCSIInitiatorIOKitDriver: Power state transition (0) completed!
USBF: 4578.612 AppleUSBEHCI::SuspendUSBBus - port 1 was NOT already suspended (as it should have been) PROBLEMS AHEAD

It would suggest whatever you're plugging in isn't being disconnected properly. Is whatever you're plugging in showing up in Finder (the one that works)?
EDIT: Strike that, I'm thinking its showing up like a drive. Don't know why...
There is some sort of problem with the USB port though. Have you checked your system logs?

Other than that nothing stands up and slaps me in the face, except some disk errors, which are probably nothing.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

Last edited by cradom; 04-28-2014 at 04:38 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
Mike6158

Keyboard- I never unplug it so something is going on there. Wait... that says keyboard hub. That was when I unplugged my iPhone. I may not have ejected it. that was last night though.

ENET- Not sure why it would disconnect. Sometimes my network connection hangs

G-Drive- that's an Apple G drive on firewire. Again, rarely unplugged and I'm pretty good about ejecting something before I pull it.

I have no idea what the Data Robotics reference is to. I had a Drobo a long time ago and that's who makes it. It was long ago thrown in the trash.

USBF- no idea on that either. I have a number of things on my USB ports. Keyboard, Wacom tablet, scanner, Arduino when I am downloading a program to it, Spyder Color calibrator for my monitor

Will rebooting clear old entries?

For some reason I can no longer see the hard drive in Bay 2 (third drive). All 4 bays are populated. I think that is a connection problem. Maybe that's the drive errors. It's a pre-2009 Mac. Still seems solid and works great.

Thanks for taking a look
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« restore lost email files from roadrunner.com | bookmarks gone after crash :( »