New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Settings Changed On my MBP...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

LightAsIKnow

LightAsIKnow is on a distinguished road

Alright so its a mid 2010.
I sat down in front of it like I do every day..and everything is different??
When I select a folder in finder, Anything and everything above it is selected to, same when I select something in text. And my double click isn't working, I can only open files from the right click. You're probably thinking, well check the settings! it must be there?! Welp, I did that and my settings are the same as when I left it, but its still not working right?!
Even when minimizing windows into the dash, they move really slow! just like when you click shift, except I don't have to click it and it does it,...ALL THE TIME. I can't figure out how to change it all back.
And when I want to open up the Force Quit window, it just automatically closes what I have open..
It wont let me copy past either...Help
If anyone can help me out, or anything would be greatly appreciated..
QUOTE Thanks
Dogbreath

Dogbreath is a jewel in the roughDogbreath is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2010 Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 (SL), 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display

Folks here that can help you the most will ask you for the specs of your Mac...model, year, RAM, hdd size, OS version, etc. That information will enable them to help you faster and easier.
For now, I recommmend downloading the correct version of Onyx (software) designated for your Mac's OS and run it in Automation mode (Automation tab). It will fix permissions and take care of internet caches and cookies and such.

p.s. Do you have a cat?
QUOTE Thanks
LightAsIKnow

Macbook Pro 13-inch Mid 2010.
8GBs ram, (Originally 4GBs) 750GB hdd, (250 original)
and Mountain Lion.
Nop no cats >.<
QUOTE Thanks
LightAsIKnow

I feel kinda stupid for not doing this before,....But I hit the ol' restart and now everything is working again..hah thanks anyways man
QUOTE Thanks
LightAsIKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbreath View Post
Folks here that can help you the most will ask you for the specs of your Mac...model, year, RAM, hdd size, OS version, etc. That information will enable them to help you faster and easier.
For now, I recommmend downloading the correct version of Onyx (software) designated for your Mac's OS and run it in Automation mode (Automation tab). It will fix permissions and take care of internet caches and cookies and such.

p.s. Do you have a cat?
Okay so the problems are back and worse...The mouse is blinking on and off, left arrow would work right, and when i select anything now, it runs through the hole thing and till it finds a folder then open that then opens any other folder continuing.
I can't figure out whats going on :/
QUOTE Thanks
Dogbreath

Dogbreath is a jewel in the roughDogbreath is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2010 Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 (SL), 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display

Light...go here http://http://www.titanium.free.fr/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=399 and download and install the version of Onyx for Lion. It will repair your permissions and delete old internet garbage and do many other wonderful things. It will check the S.M.A.R.T staus of your computer, remind you to make a back up (which hopefully you already have...if not, ignore for now). It will request your admin password. Type it in and run Automation...you will see it. Restart and let us know how things are.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Disk memory black hole! Something hidden writes to HD (Snow Leopard) | Mountain Lion/Maverick »