New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mountain Lion/Maverick

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rmaddtx

rmaddtx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20"

My Mac is nearly 5 years old, with 2G memory,350G HD, and was running Maverick OS.. I was having a problem with the spinning wheel continuously coming up even with the simplest of task. I was told that Maverick was to much OS for 2G of memory, I backed up everything wiped the HD clean and re-installed Mountain Lion. Now I am having the same results with this OS as with Maverick. I need to know from you that know, would it be better to re-install maverick or stay with mt.lion? I still haven't figured out what is causing the spinning wheel. All help would be appreciated! Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Dogbreath

Dogbreath is a jewel in the roughDogbreath is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2010 Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 (SL), 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display

My opinion is you definitely need more RAM. 2GB doesn't go very far these days.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

If you provide the computer details we could advise how much more memory it will take. 4GB as a minimum and more if it can handle more.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
rmaddtx

rmaddtx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20"

Thanks Dogbreath, I added 8G's of memory and all is good. Appreciate your help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Settings Changed On my MBP... | help with hidden files »