Multiple files in download window
    When I downloaded a genealogy program, I wound up with many many files, mostly pictures,... How do I get rid of these things?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Tell us which genealogy program you've downloaded and where was it downloaded from?

family Tree maker ....downloaded from Ancestry.com.. Reputable enough, I thought!

Thanks for the help.. Partrick

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    I just went to their web site but unless I buy the program, I can't download it and see what's in it. Anyway, the latest version they have for sale is "Family Tree Maker Mac 3" currently on special for $29.95. Is this what you downloaded? You didn't by chance download the PC version by mistake?

Yes... Family Tree Maker Mac 3 is what I downloaded, not the PC version! Now I would like to get rid of all those graphic files on my download site! Thanks for assistance.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    What do you mean by "download site"? If you're simple talking about the download window in your browser, you should be able to simply clear them away (each browser can do this albeit in a slightly different fashion). If you're talking about your downloads folder, you can simply delete the files as you would any other file.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Sorry for mis-direction... The files show up when I click on finder and all files show. It is in this all files window that at least 50 or 60 graphics files are listed. I suppose they are doing no harm but I don't think I will ever use them...
    Again, thanks for clearing my head for me!

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP Linux Mint 18
    This is why I got rid of the "All Files" thing in my sidebar. When I want to look at files, I go to where the files I want are, not some collection of all the files in my user folder.
    This confuses new(ish) users to no end. I recommend losing it and just using Finder as it was intended, as a file browser.

My two cents.
    One manís theology is another manís belly laugh.
    -Lazarus Long

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    ^^^^^^

I agree with the above. Getting rid of the "All Files" in Finder is one of the first things I do after a clean install of OS X.

Those files you are seeing there are likely the icons of various software you have installed and by deleting them you could cause holes to show up in your applications where there should be something for you to click on or some piece of the application may just not function any longer.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    2015 rMBP, 2008 iMac, iPhone 7, iPad mini, 13" MBP, AppleTV and two MacMinis
    ^^^^^ +1 "All My Files" was the first thing I got rid of. Useless view of my stuff, IMHO.

Thread Information