New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Trying To View Printer Profiles in OSX 10.9.2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

George_of_CA

George_of_CA is on a distinguished road

Running LR5, trying to view Epson printer profiles. In Library/Printers/Epson/InkjetPrinter2/ICC Profiles the profiles for my ESP 4800 printer show up as Pro4800, a MS Word bundled file. I can't view the profile to compare it with myXRITE generated profile! Tried to use Terminal to 'chflags nohidden ~/Library' command but no luck. Suggestions? Running a Macbook Pro (mid-2012 Retina) with latest Maverick OS update.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Looking in the wrong Library. Look in /Library, not the one in your user folder.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
QUOTE Thanks
George_of_CA

Thanks, but I’ve looked in all libraries. Here’s the root problem: LR5 lists a number of Epson profiles; Pro4800 PGPP170 is one of them. It's location is shown as
/Library/Printers/Epson/Inkjet2/ICCProfiles/Pro4800.profiles/Content/Resources/Pro4800/PGPP170.icc

This is the particular icc profile I'm trying to load into the profile viewer. When I follow this link and I get to ICCProfiles file it doesn't contain any element called 'Pro4800.profiles'! Instead there is an entry named ‘Pro4800 profiles’, which is described as a MS Word bu... (it ends here). size is 20.5 MB.

When I try to open this file it goes directly to Terminal! I can’t find those particular profiles that I’m trying to compare to an DataColor printer profile I generated.

I have screenshots of all this, but I'm not yet sure of how to get them into this reply..

Thanks...
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Right-click on "Pro4800 profiles" and select "Show Package Contents".
That's where /Content/Resources/Pro4800/PGPP170.icc is. Right-click on that and select "open with".

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
QUOTE Thanks
George_of_CA

You are one sharp guy! Thanks and thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Scanning/Printing Problems | retina 13'' no operating system and no bootloader »