New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Driver error - Win 7 64 bit install on MacBook Air late 2013 running Mavericks10.9.2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

krissy

krissy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch dual-core i7 1.7GHz/8GB/256GB flash. iPhone 4 16GB. iPad mini retina 16GB....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
I didn't intend to point that at you, more at the Mods to put the first post back so the thread made sense.
Thanks for that
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
But it will still run Mountain Lion.
Do you know that for sure? Keep in mind if it does, he would have to completely erase his hard drive and then purchase a copy of Mountain Lion. Also, I don't believe that it would solve his current problem trying to install Win 7 x 64 Pro.
QUOTE Thanks
krissy

Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch dual-core i7 1.7GHz/8GB/256GB flash. iPhone 4 16GB. iPad mini retina 16GB....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Do you know that for sure? Keep in mind if it does, he would have to completely erase his hard drive and then purchase a copy of Mountain Lion. Also, I don't believe that it would solve his current problem trying to install Win 7 x 64 Pro.
I'm definitely a she!

The MBA is new so I don't have any data besides an ISO on the desktop to lose. I am not sure whether I trill resolve my issue....to revert to Mountain Lion but at least I can say I tried that and can eliminate that possible solution.

Apple are due to call me again, tomorrow so I'll post an update on here. My issue is apparently with the senior engineering team. I can't wait to hear what they have to say on this. I hope they come up with a proper explanation for this. I refuse to give up so I hope there is a way to resolve my issue. This MBA should be able to deal with a Win 7 Pro x64 install.

Thanks to you all for your input
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Well, be sure to keep us updated. And sorry about the gender swap....
QUOTE Thanks
krissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Well, be sure to keep us updated. And sorry about the gender swap....
That's ok and "gender swap" made me laugh

Trying Windows Enterprise now and feeling really demotivated
QUOTE Thanks
ferrarr

ferrarr has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late 2011 15" MBP Quad 2.2 I7 OS X.9 16GB 240GB SSD & 500GB (no Optical drive)

I found this yesterday. you will need to Call Apple to order Snow Leopard Server and purchase Parallels to be able to use PowerPC apps on any mac running Lion or newer.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6841

iPod 5th gen 30gb, iPad 2 16gb WiFi iOS 7, iPhone 4s 16gb iOS 7.
QUOTE Thanks
krissy

The Apple support tech I've been dealing with hasn't had reply from the engineers yet (no surprise there) so it's been re-escalated.

While they take their sweet time, I'm becoming more and more frustrated by the day.
QUOTE Thanks
krissy

Hi, as promised I have an update and I hope this helps other users in this forum.

The MBA has now been fixed and is currently running Windows 7 Professional x64 bit!!! I'm just installing my software now

Here's the fix that worked: Reset the PRAM (Thanks John!)

https://discussions.apple.com/message/25476440#25476440

OS X Mavericks: Reset your computer

Apple support did not have an update on this from the engineers so I'll be contacting them with the links above to let the know what worked for me and hopefully it will save many others a lot of time and stress.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my post

I'm so happy the MBA is now up and running on the Windows side!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Thanks for posting back the fix. Have fun and visit us often even if you don't have a question.
QUOTE Thanks
krissy

Awwwww how kind, thanks!! I will definitely keep an eye on this forum

I really enjoyed posting in my little thread. It was nice to vent and have a place where I could ask questions and not feel so hopeless.

I heard from the apple support tech who informed me the engineers suggested a corrupt ISO! Can you believe that. I had already eliminated that because we use these the ISO files regularly on other machines. We tried a few different ISOs/versions of Windows. I told the support guy to email the fix to the engineering team and tell them it was not a corrupt ISO!! I expected more from Apple support.

Thank goodness for forums!!
QUOTE Thanks
turbomachinsky

turbomachinsky is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone,

As the struggle was real, I thought I would also participate in this thread and share my testimonial with you.

For more than a week, I had been attempting to set up Windows 7 x64 on my mid-2014 MacBook Air 13", but to no avail. I was so sick of witnessing the infamous black screen, "no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key", or the "select your language" window in the Windows 7 PE with no keyboard nor mouse alive, that I had almost given up on it all.

But that was before I came across the present thread. I diligently applied the procedure described by turbostar in the Apple Support forum thread, and IT WORKED LIKE MAGIC

<Edit> As the above link seems to be (momentarily?) broken, here are the EXACT steps I followed:
"use a usb2 only flash drive, don't use usb3
disconnect all usb devices except for the flash drive you're using to install windows
before you try with the usb2 key, restart the machine and do a PRAM reset the open disk utility and repair permissions TWICE
open bca to remove/delete the prior windows partition (3rd box)
then restart bca, check all 3 options and report back".

That is basically it. At the end of the very last step ("restart bca, check all 3 options"), BootCamp will reboot the computer automatically, so make sure not to press any key (i.e. don't press alt-option, just let it reboot on its own).

My specs:
- Mid-2014 MacBook Air 13" with pre-installed Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Windows 7 x64 Home Premium ISO file
- The most basic USB 2.0 flashdrive one can get
- (Note: I did not have rEFIt installed)

krissy, THANKS A BILLION for taking the time to give us an update and share the trick with us on this forum! I signed up on Mac Forums just so I could thank you!
That turbostar guy must be some kind of wizard, for sure!

As a student in aerospace engineering, being able to work on Mac or Windows as I please is a real lifesaver; many high-end CAD programs are only available on Windows platforms. I can now finally work in peace!

So once again, thank you so much!
Take care,
tm

Last edited by turbomachinsky; 09-26-2014 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Broken link
QUOTE Thanks
krissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomachinsky View Post

krissy, THANKS A BILLION for taking the time to give us an update and share the trick with us on this forum! I signed up on Mac Forums just so I could thank you!
That turbostar guy must be some kind of wizard, for sure!

As a student in aerospace engineering, being able to work on Mac or Windows as I please is a real lifesaver; many high-end CAD programs are only available on Windows platforms. I can now finally work in peace!

So once again, thank you so much!
Take care,
tm
Hi turbomachinsky! Awww you're welcome that's really kind of you. Turbostar really saved me so I wanted to share the fix which worked for me.

I am so happy you found this post and it was able to assist you in fixing your problem!

I know how you feel believe me, so I'm really happy for you that you are able to use all your programs
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« icloud drive | anti-virus »