New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

mac book pro death by adware

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

clovis8383

clovis8383 is on a distinguished road

mac book pro death by adware and god know's what else my macbook-pro is eat up with add's everywhere i look ive got add's poping up there causing my mac to load everthing super slow i only had this mac over a year my tec support with apple has just ran out sad but my mac is acting like its running windows ive went through all the steps i know of on checking popup block & activity monitor for the normal stuff how would i go about just removing everything and starting over from install CD's thats how i fixed my older mac's in the past they came with copys of install cd'd i dont care if a lose file's or anything but the problem im having is unlike my older mac's this one i dont think came with any backup cd's i would be so gratefully if anyone could point me in the right direction or offer a beter way to fix my problem and im very sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Can you really say that all in one breath?? How about some sentences/periods.

I'm not trying to be a "Grammer-Nazi"...it's just much easier to read when sentences are used.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery

Last edited by pigoo3; 04-03-2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: spelling
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Can you really say that all in one breath?? How about some sentances/periods.

I'm not trying to be a "Grammer-Nazi"...it's just much easier to read when sentences are used.

- Nick
+++ to that!

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks
Dogbreath

Dogbreath is a jewel in the roughDogbreath is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2010 Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 (SL), 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display

Help us help you. By using proper sentence structure, you will communicate your thoughts, ideas, and questions in a way that will precisely get your point across.

There are ad blocking extensions for your browser. I'm sure somebody here can provide a name and a link to one for your favorite browser. I use Safari Adblocker and it works perfectly. It is available at the App Store. Also, you may want to consider downloading and running ONYX, It is a fantastic maintenance tool and may resolve all your Mac's issues by cleaning out old cookies, caches, and temporary files. Make sure you download the correct version designed for your OS.

Last edited by Dogbreath; 04-03-2014 at 06:48 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

I use the Safari extension Adblock. I did not read the original post -- I gave up on solid blocks of text with no capitalization or punctuation a long time ago.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Blooming heck no can't read it but as suggested Adblock at least.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
clovis8383

clovis8383 is on a distinguished road

my macbook has become unusable because of popups and addware and running very slow can anyone help me on how to go about fixing this please? ive tryed time machine and there's no back date for me to use..and ive already look in Activity Monitor and nothing is using up to much cpu. at this point im game for removing everything and starting over fresh with the CD's they came with and that worked they walked you through it more less. but this mac didnt come with them cd's so thats out also i shore would be grate full for any help .

Last edited by clovis8383; 04-09-2014 at 02:02 AM.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged. No need to start a 2nd thread for the exact same question.

Thanks,

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovis8383 View Post
my macbook has become unusable because of popups and addware can anyone help me on how to go about fixing this please
This is not something due to OS 10.9.2 (thread title)...more than likely something was downloaded & installed which is causing the issues.

Can you be more specific as to when the pop-ups occur...and do any of them occur more than others (specific advertisers/products)?

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Small but nagging problem | Audio Glitching Randomly »