New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Password issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TrevTT

TrevTT is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
Hope you can help. Ive recently had Mac Keeper removed from my system after Im told, it had completely clogged it up to the point on startup i just got a cursor on a black screen. However since getting my system back and up and running, I get continue requests to confirm just about every password from various email account's, to key chain, calendar sync, mail wants to use the login keychain, address book source snyc, which pop up continually within a few minutes of confirming the password. Ive set up a new password for the keychain, and changed the master system password, I've reset iCloud. but to no avail. just far to many passwords in these systems. So So very frustrating!
hope you can help. regards Trevor
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Uuuugh.... MacKeeper. My contempt for that piece of @&*(# is borderline legendary. Read over this link below to make sure you have truly removed ALL OF IT from your system:
how to uninstall MacKeeper – updated |

Reboot your system once done. If you continue to have issues, try repairing the Keychain (tip applies to Snow Leopard and later).
https://support.apple.com/kb/ph7296
QUOTE Thanks
TrevTT

Thanks for that lifeisabeach, Check the system for Mackeeper, and it all seems clear. no remnants found in the areas, it ask me to look at.
Check the keychain for problems and none found, report copied below.

Verification started
Checking keychain configuration for trevorwilliams (user ID=501)
Home directory is /Users/trevorwilliams
Checked login keychain
Checked default keychain
Checked contents of ~/Library/Keychains/login.keychain
No problems found
Verification completed

Password's are still requiring verification every minute of two, its likely synced with the auto check intervals on the various pieces of software. So mail check for new mail ever few minutes and thats when it flags up for passwords. periodically it will ask me to confirm the actual account passwords to, even though they are correct, i jet click cancel and it may ask again, or it may just go away and connect. very random.

appreciate your help mate, as you can imagine its very frustrating it piping up every few minutes. any more thoughts, greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
TrevTT

I noticed that one of the pop ups this morning is
"keychain access wants to use the login keychain" please enter password.
even the keychain can't access itself!!
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Chances are, you are going to have to reset Keychain completely. Before doing so, try some basic maintenance. Download Onyx and run its full suite of maintenance and cleaning tools. Perhaps you have some faulty permissions or a corrupt cache item.

Once done, reboot and see if the problem is fixed. If not, plan on resetting Keychain.
Resetting your keychain in Mac OS X
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Duplicates in Contacts | Unwanted log out message. »