Ricoh Aficio MP 7001 on Mac OS X 10.9
    Hi everyone!

I have a Macbook pro running OS X Mavericks, and i just tried to install the Ricoh Aficio MP 7001 printer on my office on our network.

First, i tried to install it using the drivers on the OS. That didn't work, so i just downloaded the drivers from Ricohs website. Negative as well.

Last, i used an old tip to use the "Gutenprint" drivers. That didn't work as well, so i'm a bit confused wether the drivers just are wrong, or it's the OS update?

Another co-worker of mine just updated her Mac as well, and after that, the printer didn't work, so i suspect that Mavericks has some kind Of compatibility issue?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Another co-worker of mine just updated her Mac as well, and after that, the printer didn't work, so i suspect that Mavericks has some kind Of compatibility issue?
    Not according to my experience. I have three printers: An HP LaserJet, Epson, and Canon. No problem with any of them and Mavericks.

Also.... according to the Ricoh web site and driver downloads, there are no drivers for OS X 10.9 Mavericks. The latest drivers on their site are for Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.5.

It's up to you to ascertain that all your software and devices are compatible before updating to a new operating system. Not hitting on you for this, but folks are quick to blame a new version of OS X when in fact they didn't do their homework before upgrading.

The best advice I can give you is to keep checking with Ricoh or send an email to their customer service asking when they'll have drivers available.

Thread Information