New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Quick Question On Saving Items

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

I got a quick question concerning saving documents, pictures, etc. Whenever I want to save a document to particular location such as my thumb drive--I can choose to save it to that drive...but is there a way to choose to save to a particular folder within the thumb drive? Because the only way I can figure out how to do that is to simply save it to the thumb drive, and then go back in to the thumb drive and drag the file to the folder I want it to go to. Is there a way to do this while saving it for the first time?

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Yep:

Just click on the black triangle icon next to the save as name.
The window should expand to a finder-like view, where you can navigate between folders, create new ones etc.
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

Ah--I see it now. Thanks for the help.

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I set up Mail? | Little lost folder »