Specs:
    Mac quad 8, Os X.8.5 6gig ram for now
    file management in ML
    Hello I for one am not thrilled with ML. Finder help does not know what file management is. I used to be able to move a file from my desktop to a hard drive folder and not leave a copy on the desktop. Why do people want to disguise change as improvement? Probably a justification thing.

Also every time I drag a file to a location in a folder on the desktop to the main HD, in addition to leaving a clone behind it returns the window to the very top. So there is a long scroll back to the location where I have to put other 6 files. There might be some mba/nerd reason for this behavior but it's making me crazy. I do not like inefficiency. I want to know what hoops I'm supposed to jump thru to MOVE A FILE not copy it. This should be the most basic activity in an operating system let the copy freaks use a modifier key. Did a comity write this OS? Of course it did if came from a corporation. It's jist biddniss!

Ron

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by ron45 View Post
    Hello I for one am not thrilled with ML. Finder help does not know what file management is. I used to be able to move a file from my desktop to a hard drive folder and not leave a copy on the desktop. Why do people want to disguise change as improvement? Probably a justification thing.
    There has been no change in file management in at least the last three versions of OS X. Dragging a file from one spot to another spot *on the same drive* moves the file, dragging a file from one spot on Drive A to a spot on Drive B *copies* the file. This is not new.

Also every time I drag a file to a location in a folder on the desktop to the main HD, in addition to leaving a clone behind it returns the window to the very top.
    This makes me think that perhaps the problem is with your mousing skill. If you drag a file and "hover" over a folder, the folder will open (this feature was first introduced in OS 9 back in the 90s, btw). You can turn this off in Finder preferences if you want.

Thread Information