New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Bootcamp issues installing Windoes 7 on iMac 27" (early 2013 model)

Thread Closed

mariah

mariah is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

Firstly I am brand new to the Mac-forums and am not entirely sure if I am posting in the right section. If I'm not, I heartily apologise.

I bought an iMac 27" last week and am now trying to partition the hard drive via BootCamp with a (yes, i admit it) pirated download of Windows Home Premium 7.

Everything worked fine turning a USB into my Windows drive, as the new iMacs don't have a built in optical drive. Once i got to the installation of Windows, however, I got to choose the language preferences but then had the error message "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers." I could browse through the available drivers, which were 'Bootcamp', 'Boot' and then my Windows driver. I tried all three drivers without any result, besides the same error message.

I then quit the installation which restarted my iMac. It automatically started the Windows installation again, however this time I am stuck with a black screen and the error message, 'No detectable device - insert boot disk and press any key.' I know that I can restart my iMac and go straight back into OSX by holding alt-opt while it boots. I have done so much internet trawling to find a solution, with no luck - what I want, is to be able to finish installing Windows 7 on my Mac, not just to get out of the installation and go back to OSX.

One suggestion I found was that the USB wasn't being recognised cause its in a USB 3.0 port, and it only works with USB 2.0 ports. Fine, however I don't have any USB 2.0 ports on my iMac that I'm aware of (please correct me if I'm wrong). Again, I don't have an optical drive to try the process again with a burnt Windows 7 disk.

Does any body have ANY suggestions, or know any way of making this work? I will forever send you telepathic wishes of longevity and worldly riches for helping me figure this out.
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariah View Post
I bought an iMac 27" last week and am now trying to partition the hard drive via BootCamp with a (yes, i admit it) pirated download of Windows Home Premium 7.
Appreciate the honesty...but we cannot continue this conversation.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Closed

« cannot upgrade from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 | Internet Tethering between Devices. »