Macbook Air Freezes Coming Out of Sleep Mode
    My macbook air OS X Version 10.7.5 was just bought a year ago, early August. And all of a sudden it starts freezing when I take it out of sleep mode. There is nothing that I do or can do. The entire computer freezes- can't type and can't move the mouse or anything. And occasionally it just freezes when on. Then the only thing that I am able to do is force-shut it down and turn it back on. This usually gets it working again, but it still happens 1-2 times a day.
    I am not near an apple store and I don't have the money to get diagnostics. Right now I'm just trying to figure if there is anything that I can do at home here. I used to own a PC and I know I had a lot more help available when I owned that than when I owned this Macbook Air. I've tried calling and chatting but no one has helped me. Please help?

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Let's see if we can help you with the freezing problem.....

First, spontaneous freezing is almost always a hardware problem of some sort although it can be caused by bad software. Is your MacBook Air still covered by the Apple warranty? The normal warranty is one year unless you purchased extended Apple Care for an additional two years.

Try this and get back to us: Start your MacBook Air in Safe Boot Mode.... reboot, press and hold down the shift key as soon as you hear the bong sound. Keep holding it until you see the spinning gear and apple. Operate your MBA in safe mode for awhile to see if the freezing occurs there. Safe mode disables the sound, all third party drivers, and start up applications. It also does a verify on the built in flash drive.

There are several things that can cause freezing; Bad memory, graphics, bad hard drive. And like I stated earlier, it could also be bad software.

Let us know what happens.

Thread Information