New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

separate windows open in osx, one for reference one for input

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nick9548

nick9548 is on a distinguished road

I have some entries in the Apple Notes program that I want to transcribe into an Excel Spreadsheet. When I have them both open side by side, as soon as I click in the spreadsheet the notes window disappears. Is there a way that I can keep the Notes window open while I am transcribing entries from it into the spreadsheet? I'm using a macbook air but I have encountered the same problem on my imac. I know I can cut and paste but having both windows open while the spreadsheet window is active is much more convenient.

Thanks in advance for your help

iMac is operating with OS X 10.7.5
mba is operating with OS X 10.8.4

microsoft excel for mac, notes application native to apple os
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

If you genuinely have both apps open side by side one won't disappear.

I'd suggest you're running excel full screen and only resizing the worksheet. So when you select excel it's coming to the foreground in front of notes

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
nick9548

nick9548 is on a distinguished road

thanks for your help, it was right on point, easy to understand and courteous. Much appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Glad it helped

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
If you genuinely have both apps open side by side one won't disappear.

I'd suggest you're running excel full screen and only resizing the worksheet. So when you select excel it's coming to the foreground in front of notes

On this, it would be good in the contextual menu in the Dock of ANY App, that we had a option to keep it at the front of all windows. Just for things like this, because im sick sometimes of having to resize certain windows to do exactly what the OP is doing, but with different Apps.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My mac is slow | Deleted disk utility, cant reinstall »