New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Deleting e-mails

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

"Phil"

"Phil" is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

Can someone tell me please how to delete unwanted e-mails without the need to open them first on my iMac desktop

Phil.
QUOTE Thanks
"Phil"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
multiple ways:

1. quickly select more than one and drag them to the trash
2. Close the viewer window
3. right-click on them and choose "move to trash" or "delete" or whatever you want
Hi,

Thanks for that...only problem is, i then have to highlight them in order to delete permanently and in so doing they automatically open!...i just want to be able to permanently delete any unwanted/suspect mails safely without the risk of opening a possible virus!

Guess i must be doing something wrong?

Phil.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

You can't get any sort of malware installed simply by opening an email. The risks inherent to emails are only made possible through either any attachments or by clicking on any links in an email (and thus, redirected elsewhere). You are fine to select and then delete them.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
"Phil"

Hi,

Oh i see...thanks for that...good to know!

Phil.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with Lion Recovery USB | coreaudiod progressively using more memory »